optimal blue pill time?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolbalance

12-16-2010

just wondering whens the best time to base for the first time inbetween waves

i usually go after hard pushing a cannon wave down.

but i feel like the cannon being alive against another minnion wave is losing more gold/xp than is necessary.

would right after regular waves followed by regular wave would be better? what do you think

lolbalance

12-17-2010

bump

Lulwy

12-17-2010

Ideally I like to do it when the minion wave is at their tower. Fall back, blue pill, come back to see the wave closer to my tower. Less likely to get ganked.

Of course it'd be even better if you never pushed them to the tower in the first place, but... teammates gonna derp.

Peach Black Tea

12-17-2010

I think pushing to their tower and then blue pilling would be best in terms of minimizing exp/gold loss. The reason for this is because it takes longer for the enemy's creeps to reach your own (less time for them to be killed, allowing you to catch back up).

Lacesso

12-17-2010

It depends on who you're playing imo. I play Morgana and I almost never b and if I do its because I killed them and I have the money to buy something drastic. Otherwise I just stay and make money.

Analu

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ativa View Post
I think pushing to their tower and then blue pilling would be best in terms of minimizing exp/gold loss. The reason for this is because it takes longer for the enemy's creeps to reach your own (less time for them to be killed, allowing you to catch back up).
That's best in a solo lane, but in a duo you want to recall when they're pushed to your tower, so that your ally will be safe. You only need one person to get the xp.

Sammm

12-17-2010

This is pretty much exactly why i take teleport.. especially in a solo lane.

Kill a wave, teleport back before your minions take down anything from the next wave.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analu View Post
That's best in a solo lane, but in a duo you want to recall when they're pushed to your tower, so that your ally will be safe. You only need one person to get the xp.
Assume this:

Melee creep gives 48(?) xp Value.

So if your solo you would get 48 xp.

But, if your duoing, you don't both get 24 xp each, you both get ~34 xp each.