Should speed from multiple boots stack?

Yes. 32 31.68%
No. 69 68.32%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Why are the speed increse passives from boots unique?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bradleyfillup

Recruiter

12-16-2010

If boots weren't unique, want to know what the best fiddlesticks build would be?

6Xsorc's boots (maybe 5 and mercs boots).

Hello crowstorm doing full damage because I have 0 MR.
hello death because I eat all the damage for full duration and can't escape because he moves at 1000 move speed.
Hello OP. Nerf fiddlesticks.

Bad idea.

Franchize

12-16-2010

well champs with high base damage and abi runes could get 6 sorc boots 120 magic pen and are really fast >_> (magic pen on those boots are not unique.... that gives me an idea xD)

xGiantRedPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2010

Bottom line : Champs that aren't really item-dependent would become highly OP. They could dip in and out of range of all of your attacks all while harassing you at the same time.Also, it would contribute to massive kiting by ranged DPS and downplay the team fighting mechanic that drives this game.
Also, Ghost becomes poo...

2GĖRLS1CUP

12-16-2010

If boots were stackable.......

Lets just say Shaco and Udyr would be God tier.

PrepforanA

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyfillup View Post
If boots weren't unique, want to know what the best fiddlesticks build would be?

6Xsorc's boots (maybe 5 and mercs boots).

Hello crowstorm doing full damage because I have 0 MR.
hello death because I eat all the damage for full duration and can't escape because he moves at 1000 move speed.
Hello OP. Nerf fiddlesticks.

Bad idea.
Thanks for your thoughtful response. I'll just be responding to you, because a lot of people said the same thing or similar, but I think you put it very well. Mainly you make it clear that just like multiple sources of slowing, multiple sources of speeding under this model should have diminishing returns(DR).

Speediness/slowness could even be a single statistic along a continuum with DR at both extremes. Thus, additional speed stats would always make you faster, but the more you add, the less speed your next point will be worth; on the other hand, at very high levels of speed, the first slow or two would have relatively little effect compared to the same slows on someone with a more standard move speed. Alternatively, or perhaps even concurrently, the magic penetration on sorc boots could be made unique just like all other items that give magic penetration.

Even under the circumstances exactly as you describe them, a single Force of nature nearly negates 4/6 of your build. This line of discussion is completely academic, but I don't believe a Fiddle moving at 1000 with 120 magic penetration would have that large of an impact on a game.

Kalex Khan

12-17-2010

How do speed quint's work?

Are they ever worth taking for noticeable increases? I have yet to buy them cause i just never really hear about their practicality.