Should speed from multiple boots stack?

Yes. 32 31.68%
No. 69 68.32%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Why are the speed increse passives from boots unique?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrepforanA

12-16-2010

I don't think it would be imbalanced for someone to stack 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 pairs of boots. Even if you can never catch someone with Enhanced Movement 18, it's not like they'd be able to do any damage in combat either. I was preparing a more in depth analysis, which was turning into quite a long post, the gist of which is that this boot fetish is an unnecessary inheritance from Warcraft 3. It made sense in WC3, but I don't believe it really makes sense in LoL.

Before someone tells me that champions only have two feet, thus one pair of boots, let me remind you of two things. First, Urgot has four legs. Second, Cass has zero feet. Yet they both have the same options for foot apparel. Does that seem right to you?

Siegfryd

12-16-2010

6 boots on Rammus is OP, ok.

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2010

This is going to change the game.

TheYango

12-16-2010

Even if they wouldn't contribute to teamfights, the absurd mobility would contribute too heavily toward BD/kiting style strategies, potentially pressuring out teamfight-based strategies from the game.

The Tsak

12-16-2010

are you serious? imagine someone who has a strong kit that doesn't need items that bad
like say prenerf garen
140 movement speed is a big deal
so you have to itemize as such
PD hasn't been too bad as of late

SuperStomper

12-16-2010

Too busy prepping my @nus to read your post. (see OP's name)

Ryncwind

12-16-2010

Yi and Rammus go vroom vroom.

2 KING TRICK G

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYango View Post
Even if they wouldn't contribute to teamfights, the absurd mobility would contribute too heavily toward BD/kiting style strategies, potentially pressuring out teamfight-based strategies from the game.
no damage

HTFU

12-16-2010

Because it was getting abused before they actually made boots unique.

Parmethius

12-16-2010

Can you imagine somebody getting 2 boots of swiftness or mobility? Forget stacking 3,4,5,6 boots getting just 2 would be enough to be ridiculous. Everybody would have to buy more boots just to keep up with the players who did it originally and then people would QQ about not having enough item slots. Not to mention it would realllllyyyyy nerf ranged champs because even with slows, the melee champs would hardly slow down noticeably.