How do you build olaf?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrandNameZombie

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
AFAIK the build that has been doing the best is:

Blade of the Ruined King
Maw or Spirit Visage
??????

TBH I actually don't know the rest, but that's the start of it.
Phreak!

While you are here i had a question about how attack speed slows are considered movement speed slows in the patch-notes. Does this mean Master Yi will negate atk speed slows in highlander or is it just in regards to cleanse abilities?

Nick Crusaire

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
WHy get maw every time?

In top lane don't you want to get the specified resist vs your lane?

I would think that Sunfire is a good start vs Melee AD and that SV is great vs AP of all kinds.

I would also think that you would want the SV first as it synergizes with his LS.

I definitely understand the Botrk.

Generally the 6 items I would end with are - Botrk/SV/Omen/Trinity/zephyr/LW

WIth this he would have 40% CDR with both elixers. He would easily be able to prc trinity all the time. Would have well over 3k HP and 100 of each resist.
you generally always want botrk --> SV instead of botrk --> enemy laner specific resist so you can get insane healing when you pop W and win every trade ever, or just to heal up on minions and continue pushing / winning.

botrk --> maw is for when you are facing another duelist and you can surprise them with more AD ontop of more AS then pop your ult to finish them.

kerestiar

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lojician View Post
On that note can you explain why riot nerfed kindlegem? I mean, bruiser itemization ain't exactly worldbeating here.
Kindlegem is obviously the reason why we can't have nice things, not the DotA imported Zhonya's Hourglass, Blade of the Ruined Game or the evergreen "let's see which team has more Guardian Angels".

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

Trinity Force -> Merc Treads -> Trinity Force -> Trinity Force -> Trinity Force -> Trinity Force (You can substitute a Trinity force Situationally)

I normally end up buying another Trinity force to help me survive as well.

Minishmaster

11-01-2013

Quote:
WHy get maw every time?
Olaf has **** AD compared to his AS, is easily bursted, and wants to stay at low health for a long time. Why wouldn't he get maw?

Echo18

Senior Recruiter

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
AFAIK the build that has been doing the best is:

Blade of the Ruined King
Maw or Spirit Visage
??????

TBH I actually don't know the rest, but that's the start of it.
so not even phreak knows how to build olaf
might as well just get a refund and never play him if a pro doesnt even know aything about him

Spitsonkittens

11-01-2013

Jesus the Negro. Too epic of a name...

Asatorrr

11-01-2013

When I jungle I build SotEL, frozen mallet, ninja tabi/mercs depending on enemy team damage dealers, ravenous hydra, frozen heart, and w/e else tanky item he needs to be effective.

as far as top lane i would probably pick up a dorans blade or two, rush frozen mallet, boots, hydra, etc

The Loveless

11-01-2013

I'm usually going for SV or TF first followed by the other. Mallet and Atmas next, YES I SAID ATMAS, SOMEONE HAD TO MAKE USE OF IT. I've done damage upwards of 500-700 a hit depending on whether I'm proccing spellblade and critting. The high attack speed makes it so I'm guaranteed to get plenty of those.

Save your axes for slowing fleeing targets, not for damage during fisticuffs. And if it matters, I level w and e somewhat simultaneous to help refresh e's cooldown. I can see Botrk working if you want to help take out tanky enemies instead of just diving for squishies. I never get to a 6th item.

iiWars

11-01-2013

Quote:
WHy get maw every time?
Maw gives the most damage and works great with his passive.