@Riot, Chauster on Garen changes

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gladius Altra

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieep View Post
and even though he said he was still viable..he kind of contradicted himself by saying "not a strong pick" "not effective at high level of play". Noobs will always get destroyed by Garen. Look at my match history, i still go beast. But noobs will feed me no matter what. I used to build DPS on old Garen and still go legendary.

This game should be balanced for high level play, where he is no longer viable.
Garen is still viable at ranked it was way to early for him to pass judgment on him. he just isnt as ROFL EZ MODE WIN as he used to be which makes kids like you sad when he is balanced

Yet you are below 1200? come on dude you are failing

efdf

12-16-2010

Garen hasn't been banned in months at any real level of play, and if you were still playing with people who did then your opinion on his viability isn't very useful.

Kithas48

12-16-2010

so you're saying he should be able to do burst damage while building tank items?
srsly gtfo

420bFamous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2010

dude for one, you dont get anywhere by sitting here and QQing about garen. Write a thread that actually shows facts and what you think should be done, and you would get so much further. Btw, it just changed not too long ago, the "pro garen" that invented sunfirecape garen will find a different way to build him.

I didn't have a problem with garen before the patch, and I still don't have a problem with him. In my opinion, the sunfire cape unique passive was enough to nerf him.

Soccerzubs

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
Is you mad bro appropriate here?
I mean, like... yeah. first, as someone else said, Chauster agreed it was just a heavy nerf, not game ruining. Second of all, moving a champion from OP to non-competitive is not equal to making the champion useless.
Third of all, they can rebuff him. It's better to nerf then buff then buff then nerf, because there are 70 champions in the game. if 1 is useless, that's a shame. if 1 is overpowered, that SUCKS.
Yeah we are talking about 1 champion out of how many Riot has done this to now? This is not the first time nor will it be the last time Riot does some major change like this. They don't touch a champion for months then drastically change the champion so that everyone who likes that play style will move on and people will forget about Garen till another month or two passes by and people pick him up. Great balancing job Riot, keep up the GREAT work!

TheYango

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerzubs View Post
Yeah we are talking about 1 champion out of how many Riot has done this to now? This is not the first time nor will it be the last time Riot does some major change like this. They don't touch a champion for months then drastically change the champion so that everyone who likes that play style will move on and people will forget about Garen till another month or two passes by and people pick him up. Great balancing job Riot, keep up the GREAT work!
Yeah, ultimately the problem isn't that this happened to Garen specifically, but he's just the next victim of this trend.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2010

Garen was broken before this patch, low elo he completely dominated and the game is balanced across all levels, look at my ranked stats with Garen and try telling me that was balanced, please do it

Fact of the matter was that before the patch Garen roflstomped low elo and was not very viable at high elo, you obviously have no idea what they are trying to do if you are QQing about this patch

They are trying to make him less stompy at low elo and still viable for high elo, he will come back up

Stop QQing ffs

MapleCarnage

12-16-2010

Garen was never OP. Increasing his damage output by **** near 100% simply by building a Sunfire Cape is. Having a core build solely consisting of boots and a Sunfire Cape is poor design. Riot wants you to build him as a DPS champion now; not a helicopter.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerzubs View Post
you enjoyed the "playstyle" of sitting in the bush all game and doing hundreds and hundreds of damage with no items?
I'm happy for you. Some people enjoy that.
May I suggest you try "Amumu"? Similar skill requirement (press W and then run around like a dude with his head cut off)

OneHiTTT

12-16-2010

i totaly agree with first post about garen they destroyed him hardly

edit: garen make pple cry just bc he got finish him skill

so pple cry bc garen killed but not bc other did dammage

pple cry bc garen got the kill

pple suck...

garen is so bad now..

1234567 ... 13