Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, Chauster on Garen changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jubez

12-16-2010

"I do not know what Riot was thinking. Garen’s Judgement now has almost no burst capability. I could understand lowering the damage, but they trashed the entire skill by incorporating a respective AD scaling ratio (not like 70% was that shabby beforehand). Garen’s early game has been horrendously altered and can now no longer be viable stacking pure tank items. I don’t see Garen as a strong pick anymore. Garen is still viable but his playstyle will be altered significantly (items, positioning, SOLO LANE: I don’t believe he is very good in a duo lane anymore). I highly doubt anyone will be able to use him effectively in higher level play."

This was taken from the solo-mid blog:
http://www.solomid.net/blog/

So pretty much, good job Riot. You catered to noobs who QQ about Garen and now you've taken him out of competitive play. ******s. I wasn't really going to make a thread about this until I knew what Chauster said seeing as he is the greatest Garen on this game, and pretty much invented sunfire Garen.

Keep balancing for QQ forum noobs, and your game will go to ****. You owe Garen an apology, you ruined him pretty much. Buffs better be in this next patch or you guys will be viewed as the worst developers ever.

What do you have to say for yourselves now?

EDIT: inb4 no one reads any post and immediately quick replies "learn to play Garen" "learn to itemize' blah blah. Go check my match history, I've been performing well with new Garen. Doesn't mean he wasn't over nerfed though.

r431

12-16-2010

truth

CounterCraft

12-16-2010

Finally, stacking pure def item means you don't dish out as much damage as those who stack AD/AP!
Thanks Riot.

Salamandra

12-16-2010

Notice that this was his opinion before he tested it in game he also notes that he is still viable just not in the top 15 anymore

BetrayedArk

12-16-2010

his starting early game was too strong, but his late game sucked, that isn't balance one way or another, and better yet riot has proven they rather over nerf than over buff, relax, the scaling could be better, but they are slowing working it up rather than just boosting it to OMFG levels

Lightstriker

Recruiter

12-16-2010

Is you mad bro appropriate here?
I mean, like... yeah. first, as someone else said, Chauster agreed it was just a heavy nerf, not game ruining. Second of all, moving a champion from OP to non-competitive is not equal to making the champion useless.
Third of all, they can rebuff him. It's better to nerf then buff then buff then nerf, because there are 70 champions in the game. if 1 is useless, that's a shame. if 1 is overpowered, that SUCKS.

Buk Wild

12-16-2010

God shut the hell up, please, just shut up

I would much rather Riot bring him down below the median, and then bring him back up then just completely change him (which is what they did, it is not a nerf as much as a change altogether)...if you completely rework a champ, it is much better that they be below average for a patch, then possibly be OP

Riot has expressed that this is what they are doing and will be bringing him back up

AND GUESS WHAT?! If they listen to the people QQing about wanting him hot fixed and brought back up immediately, they would be doing exactly what you are complaining about

Just shut up and see how things play out for ****'s sake

Lightstriker

Recruiter

12-16-2010

Quote:
xXenocide:
God shut the hell up, please, just shut up

I would much rather Riot bring him down below the median, and then bring him back up then just completely change him (which is what they did, it is not a nerf as much as a change altogether)...if you completely rework a champ, it is much better that they be below average for a patch, then possibly be OP

Riot has expressed that this is what they are doing and will be bringing him back up

AND GUESS WHAT?! If they listen to the people QQing about wanting him hot fixed and brought back up immediately, they would be doing exactly what you are complaining about

Just shut up and see how things play out for ****'s sake

...prettyyyy much this.

Gladius Altra

12-16-2010

If he was a ban in 90% of ranked games and an auto-pick in the ten 10% that he was not banned i think that is saying something about his balance. viability=/= out classing all of the other tanks in the game. And of course the "greatest garen player" would complain about it. The forums QQ had nothing to do with it. your just mad they are trying to balance all champions. Also your last game going 17/2 as garen COMPLETELY voids your argument

Gladius Altra

12-16-2010

also the face the patch has been downvoted 1000+ times shows that they are not catering to the QQ