Dear RIOT, Summoner name changes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrBeenReady

12-16-2010

Okay, Ive been playing this game since beta, and since that time Ive seen a lot of Good ideas by riot to net the money. I admire riot's goals and Ideas, Since most of them are just simply genius. With that being said however, I have to say that they have effectively completely ignored or been completely ignorant to the one thing that could make them more money than any Udyr Skin or any New champion that looks like a snake, And thats Summoner name changes.

I constantly hear other summoners that I play with Complain about the name they chose for themselves, That they didnt know it would be permanent, or the that the "Screename" they chose on riots's website (Username) Would be the ingame display name they wanted.

I understand that the people who didnt realize this are still at fault for the name they chose, But why not give them the oppurtunity to redeem themselves?

XboxLIVE charages 10 Dollars (American) for the amount of Microsoft points (Much like riot's RIOT points system) To Change ones "Gamertag" Which works like LOL's Summoner name system. Charging LOL users 5-10 Dollars for a name change would net riot More money and would be easy to implement in the system.

I simply Can not understand why this has been ignored for so long.

-Lovingly yours

Scooba

12-16-2010

Just what I want. All the people I've ignored/blocked to get new names =)

I get in a game like WoW where you have this set char and eveyone knows you by that name and that one only and maybe at the time you made the toon you were not thinking they were going to be your main but the guild needed a mage and now your stuck with critmypants as a name but this is a little different.

Personally I feel the more anonymity a game has, the more oppurtunity for griefing.

Donaragh

12-16-2010

I think Scooba has a point... unless the ignore/friend system can auto update after the name change it would be difficult and annoying to have some jackwagon that you already pushed to ignore be able to rub ya the wrong way again.

MrBeenReady

12-16-2010

It would obviously Auto update, just like it does in WOW and on XBOX.

Cmon guys..

Jurren

12-16-2010

+1 to OP because lots of people want this.
+1 to Scooba because he's smart.

Necrosis627

12-16-2010

They have plans (Soon)

MrBeenReady

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis627 View Post
They have plans (Soon)
Id love to hear this from a red

MrBeenReady

12-16-2010

Bumping for relevance.

Donaragh

12-25-2010

I think the reds didn't see this one

Yugi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-25-2010

:O

Yeah.

AND GENDER CHANGE TOO!!! wait wut?