Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirtnap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

Some suggestions for Teemo character.

Mushrooms - Creeps should not automatically go after mushrooms when they are placed on the ground. If a creep hits one of my shrooms, the creep should be killed. I am amazed that creeps always live through my mushrooms, if they have full health. That is a joke. Give Teemo some balls, will ya? Creeps taking out my shrooms (I place them off to the sides, rarely in the center) totally detracts from the already low mushroom damage effect.
Make each mushroom take its full effect. In other words, if I have a champion chasing me, my ONLY defense is to blind him and run back through my trail of mushrooms. If by chance the pursuing champion hits, oh I don't know, FOUR, of my mushrooms, each one should take its full effect. I had a champion run over 4 of my mushrooms today, plus take many shots from me only to laugh in my face and kill me. It was EXTREMELY frustrating, seeing as the mushrooms are my ULTIMATE, and thus, should be devastating to an opponent.
There should be no mushroom damage cooldown. If there is, that is lame and I will not play Teemo any longer. Riot Developer: "Lets give Teemo an ultimate that only works once in a while." Me: "In a war, if a champion steps on a landmine and lives, he is lucky. If he steps on FOUR and lives, that is a game flaw." I don't care if you think it is 'working as designed'. If that is the case, then the design is flawed for mushrooms.

Attack power/overall abilities - I think Teemo's spells have been chosen wisely. His ultimate and his Q spell need a little more base damage to be a real threat on the battlefield. If Teemo gets caught by another champion, he's pretty much toast. This shouldn't be. Do I have to build a full defensive spec just to stay alive? This would negate his offensive abilities. If he is supposed to just shoot once and run, then he's pretty much worthless to play.

Make Teemo more of a threat and less dependent on ally champs to be viable. Just give his shrooms and main ability more base damage. Just a little.

Labomba

12-24-2009

First of all, your mushroom is like any other attackable object. If minions do not have another target on their list, they will attack it so long as it was visible to them. Find better places to drop them, or drop them after your minion wave has confronted the opposing wave.

Teemo is plenty powerful. Allow me to point you to the mecca Teemo guide of guides:
http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...ve+Teemo+Guide

Read that, try out the different builds, then come back and let us know if Teemo still needs some love (p.s. he doesn't).

The Hye Circus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-24-2009

Teemo can't have Techies Mines as his ult. Techies had mines because he was TECHIES, that was his move. Teemo is already insanely powerful, he can't have another amazing metagame ult that can kill entire teams because he places four mushrooms. And you don't place mushrooms in the middle of creep pushes on top of the creeps. Are you thinking straight?

Jooce

12-24-2009

no

Quote:
Attack power/overall abilities - I think Teemo's spells have been chosen wisely. His ultimate and his Q spell need a little more base damage to be a real threat on the battlefield. If Teemo gets caught by another champion, he's pretty much toast. This shouldn't be. Do I have to build a full defensive spec just to stay alive? This would negate his offensive abilities. If he is supposed to just shoot once and run, then he's pretty much worthless to play.

Make Teemo more of a threat and less dependent on ally champs to be viable. Just give his shrooms and main ability more base damage. Just a little.
Where to start.... Teemo is one of the most independent champions you're going to find. His INSANE runspeed, mushrooms are the best anti-ganking tool in the game (if you know where to place them).

If Teemo gets caught by another champion he's toast? Really? All things equal, I find this hard to believe.

He is supposed to do hit-and-run. If this isn't your style then maytbe you should try another champion. Seriously I can't believe people are asking for upgrades on Teemo.

GuiltyConscience

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooce View Post
no

Where to start.... Teemo is one of the most independent champions you're going to find. His INSANE runspeed, mushrooms are the best anti-ganking tool in the game (if you know where to place them).

If Teemo gets caught by another champion he's toast? Really? All things equal, I find this hard to believe.

He is supposed to do hit-and-run. If this isn't your style then maytbe you should try another champion. Seriously I can't believe people are asking for upgrades on Teemo.
Insane runspeed? Sure. Until you happen to pass by an enemy creep (Move Quick grabs serious agro btw), And may god help you if your hauling ass trying to get away from someone with a ranged attack, Good bye speed boost hello "You have been slained". Oh and don't think of chasing anyone down a lane who just needs that last whack so you can get that kill, Creeps will make sure they outrun you or you never catch up before they reach some safe haven.

Mushrooms? Anit Ganking? Sure, as long as they aren't invisible.

Teemo not roast if caught by another champion? Oh really, unless you've been fed ALOT or have both exhaust and ignite and they dont have a heal, teemo will have a hard time 1v1 against most champions.

Teemo hit and run? Yes, he's suppose to, but how can he if his speed boost sucks and doesnt work when needed? Really now. Who really slows down when their life is in danger?
I'm sure Usain Bolt would almost break 9secs if some guys were after him and he was 1hit from death.

EvilVegan

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyConscience View Post
Insane runspeed? Sure. Until you happen to pass by an enemy creep (Move Quick grabs serious agro btw), And may god help you if your hauling ass trying to get away from someone with a ranged attack, Good bye speed boost hello "You have been slained". Oh and don't think of chasing anyone down a lane who just needs that last whack so you can get that kill, Creeps will make sure they outrun you or you never catch up before they reach some safe haven.

Mushrooms? Anit Ganking? Sure, as long as they aren't invisible.

Teemo not roast if caught by another champion? Oh really, unless you've been fed ALOT or have both exhaust and ignite and they dont have a heal, teemo will have a hard time 1v1 against most champions.

Teemo hit and run? Yes, he's suppose to, but how can he if his speed boost sucks and doesnt work when needed? Really now. Who really slows down when their life is in danger?
I'm sure Usain Bolt would almost break 9secs if some guys were after him and he was 1hit from death.
LOL.

I play teemo. A lot.

AP Teemo to be clear.

Here's how you fix all of your problems (oddiz guide):

Mejai's soulstealer (first)
Mercury or sorcerer treads (depending on other team's disables).
Rylai's staff
Nashor's tooth. (if you have enough cooldown runes/masteries you can skip this one).
Lich's Bane
Zhonya's Ring

Your AP should sit between 500 and 700 (depending on soul stacks). Your mushrooms kill waves and waves, place them among their creeps after the creeps are attacking your creeps. Have your character walk through an area from different angles, place a shroom in the spot he walks through the most (near edges of ramps leading to intersections for example). Put shrooms in bushes, put them at creep spawns, put them behind you, put them in front of you, put them on top of the heroes in team battles, SPAM THE **** OUT OF THEM. Your poison darts tick for 50-100 damage, 5 times. Your blinding darts do 500 damage, blind, and slow. Yes, your move quick gets turned off, learn to use it after you get hit (and if you can avoid it, don't run by non-engaged creeps, as they WILL attack you). If you're getting ganked by 3-5 heroes, guess what, any character would die, but if you're placing mushrooms correctly you severely limit their line of ambush and expand your line of escape. I've killed multiple members of a gank squad with correct use of hit and run escaping through a shroomed forest.

Your cooldown/regen with nashor's (and preferably a golem rune) should be way more than sufficient to spam your dart and shrooms constantly.

AD/AS teemo is ****. Play AP teemo.

Also, several things you said indicate that you think creeps have some sort of advanced AI with attacking you or your shrooms. They will attack ANYTHING that comes in range if they aren't attacking something else. Aside from that very basic rule they only attack you when you specifically target a hero within their range.

You can solo most physical carries 1v1 with AP teemo (trynd & yi come to mind). Put a mushroom down when they initiate (they typically ignore it) take a hit or two, but blinding dart them after they use some sort of ability (it doesn't block spells you see). Shroom should explode, dart blinds them, poison ticks, before the first blinding dart wears off they should be at about half health (they miss, so can't life-steal), with you having taken very little damage. They typically over estimate you at this point and try to run away, which lets you blinding dart them again (slowing/blinding), or herd them into another shroom (if you laid them in escape/entry lanes). Its wonderful. Plus, if you're playing right, even if they do kill you they have a good chance of dying on their way out...

Belanova

12-24-2009

To the above poster.

This strategy does work pretty well, especially against an Eve that's lower level than you. However, against Yi, it's harder. I find AP Teemo has trouble with Yi. His Highlander is immune to all Mushroom effects, including damage, and if you do blind him, you should really use that time to run away to a turret, or to other team members. Tryndamere is easier to kill, but there's always the chance he can live long enough to take you out with him.

Gagoloth

12-24-2009

AP teemo Ftw

got his mushrooms hitting for 1k a piece and when u have a shroom hub up they hit 5 do the math there death. tehe

Uncletaco

Recruiter

12-26-2009

im not a fan of AP Teemo as i am with his physical/dmg side but that's just my opinon but Teemo FTW love this toon hes the pimp **** of all LOL toons and he slaps more face's in other then twitch who might i add hate player love its a beautiful thing

DayDemonz

12-26-2009

"Make each mushroom take its full effect. In other words, if I have a champion chasing me, my ONLY defense is to blind him and run back through my trail of mushrooms. If by chance the pursuing champion hits, oh I don't know, FOUR, of my mushrooms, each one should take its full effect. I had a champion run over 4 of my mushrooms today, plus take many shots from me only to laugh in my face and kill me. It was EXTREMELY frustrating, seeing as the mushrooms are my ULTIMATE, and thus, should be devastating to an opponent."

Let me guess, it was Master Yi.