Potion of Fortification

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lampost

12-24-2009

i think we should have a potion that is especially made for tanks.

as the name says the potion should add about 20 armor and 20 magic resist for 4 mins
that should be a good potion for tanks.

riotgames i hope u consider this

ThePlumber

12-24-2009

Do it!

Aralain

12-28-2009

I agree, but make it more akin to brilliance/agility potion in that it scales:

200-400 health

25-75 armor and MR

Would make a great late game item to counter all the reduce MR ignores armor items that dps gets.

Tpyo

12-28-2009

hmmm 75 armor and magic res, 400 health .... Sounds great but i would use it on a squshy mid game rather then tank end game. That practically doubles twitch's ability to survive mid game with no other survival gear.

JunkRamen

12-28-2009

75 armor would be ridiculous

UltraKill

12-28-2009

+1 sounds good.

Tyrfang

12-30-2009

75 armor/MR would increase your effective health by 75%. For the average squishy, you have 2000 HP end game. 75% effective health is an additional 1500 effective HP.

That's ******ed for 300 gold. If this were put into the game, it should give 10-20 armor/Mres, tops.

I think this entire idea is bad. Tanks don't usually need more survivability end game. It's going to be the squishies that use it.

Holypope

12-30-2009

the problem with such a potion would be that the bonus needed to be useful to a tank would be large enough to make a squishy DPS class unstoppable. As is, a twitch or teamo with a fort pot can usually get several kills by L5. Add in durability and you'll have ranged DPS'ers taking towers at L4. That's no fun for anyone.

Lampost

01-13-2010

i have read your posts and all but 75 armor is a bit too much. i say 20 would be enough maybe about 10-20 i dunno that should be pretty balanced with 200-400 hp.

this is what i mean with the potion

the effects would be 10-30 armor and magic resist with 10% more hp depending on what lvl you are

Kimimaro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-13-2010

If a tanking pot was put into the game it would give the squishier summoners get a far better start and making tanks less used, I believe that the potion should be used only for creeps not heroes. If that were to happen it will help people that didn't get a good start to be able to get stronger with lower chances of feeding.