Nunu-Need Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saupa

12-24-2009

XmasHamm thank you for your time writing this and I have some questions.
0-4-15, I went with 9-0-21 which is wrong I believe..

I sometimes get in a situation that I'm soloing a lane and 2-3 champions are there as well, I get ganked from behind or they push me behind my tower what can I do?

My runes are:

red-magic pen
yellow-health per lvl
blue-cooldowns

is that correct?

Bagration

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saupa View Post
XmasHamm thank you for your time writing this and I have some questions.
0-4-15, I went with 9-0-21 which is wrong I believe..

I sometimes get in a situation that I'm soloing a lane and 2-3 champions are there as well, I get ganked from behind or they push me behind my tower what can I do?

My runes are:

red-magic pen
yellow-health per lvl
blue-cooldowns

is that correct?
0-4-15 is in regards to a hypothetical end-game stats, not your talent spec. He's saying if you end the game with no kills but with lots of assists and minimal deaths, then you've done your job.

The runes I gave you are tailored to the 4 types on your page. Quintessences are the big ones, you only get 3 of them, the rest are color coded, just check your page. If 2-3 champions are in your lane, you play defensively with Ice Blasts and consuming enemy minions if there arent that many so your tower starts attacking champs and not monsters, but most importantly you ping your map and call for help. If you find you're alone and you've overextended yourself, you need to cast Blood Boil for extra movement and head back to a tower.

Saupa

12-24-2009

Ok i get it now, can you tell me what's MR marks? MR as magic resistance?

Bagration

12-24-2009

Yeah, helps with early-game survivability on any champion. Also since the marks are used primarily for physical attack, which a lot of champs have no use for, Magic Resist is a good in-the-middle secondary rune to take in their place.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

you do know you can also play Jungle Nunu Quite successfully. A lot of people have heard about it, but never try it.

my recommended masteries 9/0/21 (you want 2 in minion buffs last longer and 4 in awareness, and cooldown maxing, you want either Teleport or Ghostwalk(or in some cases rally), and you want Smite, to Archaic Knowledge)

Start with 5 HP Pots, and Cloth Armor
Get Consume as first skill
Go solo blue buff, or get an ally to help you. Start with 2 hits on Golem, then use Consume. When you are down about 200 hp, use first HP pot, use consume on recharge, and use Smite when the golem is at about 450hp.
After that you should be nearly lvl 2, you can go consume kill 1 more camp, hit lvl 2 and grab either blood boil or ice ball. (I prefer blood boil)

Keep jungling and keep lvling Consume. You should be able to get a Bloodrazor by lvl 4 and solo dragon by lvl 5/6. Use Smite on Cooldown for extra gold, or time buff jungling/dragon jungling well so you are at one when smites recharge is up. Utility Mastery greatly helps you in the cooldown depo.

Saupa

12-24-2009

Nicosharp yes I know I could jungle, but I'm only lvl 6 , and I rather try jungle at max lvl, that way I kill the mobs faster, and lvl faster.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

good point, I had a feeling you were not max lvl, and at lvl 6, its not safe to jungle until lvl 3, as at least 2 points in consume, and 1 in blood boil should keep you on par with the scary monstas.

If you are just going to play the lane game try going this start build:
Meki Pendant (either to chalice later, or nashor's tooth(fiendish codex))
2 Mana Pots

Skills: Smite+Consume (unless you know you want to go for a lvl 1 kill, then ice ball)

Consume + Smite will give you good early gold, and keep your hp decent. As Nunu sneak in as many melee hits as you can without taking harassment, as you will spend less on your harassing with Ice ball and Consume.

Later build Merc Treads (or Ninja Tabi's depending on comp), and then go for whatever. If you keep your mana up with Consume at least at 1or2, and ice ball, you can harass endless and keep your hp up in return. Blood boil I would suggest getting an early point in, and maxing before Consume (stop consume at lvl 2 if you are just laning, unless heavily harassed)

The difference between this and Xmas hamm's build is that this focuses on earlier CD that is great on Nunu, it also focuses on earlier, and easier to acquire income. Rod of the Ages is great if you rush it early, but I am not a big fan of Catalyst first, and rushing to this item that has diminishing returns late game, and you have to play passively to acquire without dying.

Saupa

12-24-2009

Edit:

I'm having some trouble making a good mastery tree?

thank you Nico, Now I have two options.

Runes are HP quints, MR marks, -CD glyphs, and Mana Regen seals.
what do you say?

Saupa

12-24-2009

Edited.

So Nico your saying your build is much easier for low lvls as me?

nicosharp

12-24-2009

it should be, despite runes etc.. you will get gold faster, and gold = items.. being afraid to last hit, cause you dont have regen for consume etc. makes it harder for you to commit before a catalyst, so try both, see how you fair, as you get better, maybe move towards hamms build. I guess I will always be a noob, and go for mana regen items straight off to harass and be a pest all day long.

Masteries, just try to grab a point in smite and what ever other summ skill you go, and then spec in utility to get as much as you can in awareness.. Awareness will help you keep on par in lvls.