Feast Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolchBot

01-04-2010

Can the damage done by feast be mitigated, if so is it physical or magical?

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

My understanding is:

If you are below the threshold (ie: 300 hp) then it is impossible to mitigate - except for invulnerability (Kayle/Trynd).
If you are above the threshold, it is normal magical damage and will be partially mitigated by your MR.

Basilisk9466

01-04-2010

Depends.

If you're below the health margin stated on the ability (300/550/800 + 0.8/AP, or thereabouts), you die. That's true damage, like Ignite, and can't be mitigated. If you're above the health margin, I believe that it's magic damage, and can be mitigated like anything else.

WolchBot

01-04-2010

Alright that makes sense, thanks for the quick and helpful responses.

Lemt

01-04-2010

I'm pretty sure that's how it works too. Hence why it is usually better to hold off Feast for the killing blow, unless the situation requires otherwise (or if you want to scare someone away).

Hedgepig

01-04-2010

Feast carries the moment you see them, chopping their hp in half at the beginning of a fight sends them running. I've done around 1000 hp with a feast before (think the target was debuffed a bit with some magic pen) and thats a nasty nuke, even if you dont get the kill. It does seem to be mitigated or amplified with MR/-MR

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

If I'm on AP-cho I will feast early rather than late - as Hedgepig said, doing 1K+ dmg with a feast at the start of a fight is a great way to make their carry turn tail and run while you slaughter his team.

WolchBot

01-04-2010

I was wondering because I have been playing as Rammus and having some trouble against Cho'Gath. I wouldn't say I was getting dominated but not doing as well as I do against other characters. It seemed as thought I was taking a lot more damage from him than I should have but if it gets mitigated unless it will auto kill then that makes sense.