How many is to many?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SillyWillyBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2010

Since I started playing 7 months ago Riot has released 13 new champions, which is great, free new content I love it, don't get me wrong.

However, that pans out to be 26 champions per year, so my question is...

When will you stop producing new champions?

OR

When will you start releasing champions less frequently?

I can't help but feel other content is taking the back burner to new champion releases.
I get that champions are a great source of revenue for Riot, being that it is a company...

I just feel that some new champions may start to over shadow other older champions..

Thoughts?

Vangarde

12-15-2010

i feel when they hit around the 90 mark and somewhat even with dota's number should they stop slowing down. There are still a lot of niche heroes to be filled and I want them sooner rather than later. New maps or replay functions are awesome and all but from the perspective dota wc3 traditionalist they aren't that important to me. Replays using battlenet were always a little clunky back then and new maps will never compare to the original 5v5 map template that SR is based on.

Schanner

Master Recruiter

12-15-2010

when they get to the 120 champions mark they are going to take the old ones to keep making new champions

Zazdamz

12-15-2010

stopped at "to many"

Belarock

12-15-2010

Are you suggesting that a team solely designed for champion creation be terminated? This would be most unpleasant for those Rioteers.

Also, different teams work on different sections of the game. I dont understand how people can think Riot is made up of 5 people who only do champion design.

ClauKing

12-15-2010

I agree there are to many new champions and there getting stronger the old ones can't cheap up. I remember when i taught Jax was unbeatable, and now hes can't relay compete with Trundle. Even the abilities are all double function now a days, i mean stun or slow, slow and snare, dmg and draining, etc. Most of the old champions need a face lift or at least re-balancing so they can cheap up.