Leaverbuster, good idea?

Yes 44 89.80%
No 5 10.20%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions: "LeaverBuster"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wafer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Seller View Post
If you don't have time to play the game, don't join a game and waste 4 other people's time in the process. It's simple, LeaverBuster is a great idea.
people cant always predict what they are going to do in 40+ minutes, they have busy lives.

Judas Iscaríot

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafer View Post
OK, Before I bash the idea, I would like to say, I understand where you want to go with this game, and I can see why you would want to implement this, so called, Leaverbuster.

However, Riot, there is a few issues you have either overlooked, ignored, or just simply not given a sh-- about.

I'll start with the fact that this is a game, just, a game. Do you really think you can "imprison" everyone in a single game for 20-70 minutes?

Furthermore, in case you didnt know, people have lifes. Most people have more to worry about than the convenience of 9 other people they do not know at all. The majority of players are probably teenagers, be it at university, highschool, or working: life > game.

The younger kids probably have less choice of what they can do with their time; their parents still tell them what to do most of the time. If it gets to a point where the kid can't get in bed before bedtime because he will get banned, it becomes a problem. Most, have chores, and I dont think parents will like their kids telling them that 9 other people they do not know are more important then mowing the lawn.

As for students in residents I don't think they will stay in a game of League of Legends for a fire drill or whatever else happens to be more important, dont forget they are working at their ever-more-important education.

Then we have the adults, they probably have a job, and some can be unpredictable ie. fireman. If the boss says, get your a-- down to work right now I am going to alt f4 and deal with the problem.

Now, I saw that connection problems are different. So this just means everyone will reset/unplug their routers because they have a life to deal with, and would rather not get suspended for it.

As for the people who don't think they will get banned, no intelligent enough, or don't care enough to unplug their internet, they will come crying to you because you suspended their account for something they could'nt help for whatever reason. All you have done is bloated your ban appeal amount.

In my opinion: you have taken this one step too far.

I have attached a poll, for peoples opinions on this, instead of being trolls, and downrating the thread, vote. It is so much more productive that way.

-Wafer
Did you receive trolling lessons from Shadowwada?

Lusis

12-15-2010

Poll should read:
Leavebuster
•Great Idea
•Greatest Idea

midiout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2010

I didnt read your post, but I dont think there's any way this can be a bad idea.

1st HanarSpectre

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafer View Post
Its not that simple. Get used to it.
They will lose more to people pissed off because of what riot keeps implementin, then they will to people who are tired of leavers, your going to have them its a 20-70 minute game.
It is that simple.
People do not like leavers. People play for fun and leavers ruin their fun.
Unhappy players are most likely to stop playing than happy players.
One leaver affects 4 people in a bad way + 5 more when the other team wants a good match.
Losing 1 player that is detrimental to the community is much better than losing 4 of them.
Riot does not care about you, or me personally. They are a business, and as a business their goal is to satisfy the majority of the playerbase.
The majority wants leavers dealt with.
Most people that play this game wants you banned if you keep it up.
Therefore Riot will ban you if you keep on leaving.
How is that hard to understand?

FuriousLeftNut

12-15-2010

Riot shouldn't be catering to people's lives.

What they should do is ensure that the max amount of people get a good experience out of their game. This includes banning chronic leavers. Why does this make sense? Because leavers ruin the experience for 9 other customers.

Ashcarr

12-15-2010

ITT: Four rampant leavers.

I Love God

12-15-2010

LOL This guys sounds like a serial leaver. Don't want you in this game. GTFO.