Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leaverbuster, good idea?

Yes 44 89.8%
No 5 10.2%
Voters 49 .

Opinions: "LeaverBuster"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wafer

12-15-2010

OK, Before I bash the idea, I would like to say, I understand where you want to go with this game, and I can see why you would want to implement this, so called, Leaverbuster.

However, Riot, there is a few issues you have either overlooked, ignored, or just simply not given a sh-- about.

I'll start with the fact that this is a game, just, a game. Do you really think you can "imprison" everyone in a single game for 20-70 minutes?

Furthermore, in case you didnt know, people have lifes. Most people have more to worry about than the convenience of 9 other people they do not know at all. The majority of players are probably teenagers, be it at university, highschool, or working: life > game.

The younger kids probably have less choice of what they can do with their time; their parents still tell them what to do most of the time. If it gets to a point where the kid can't get in bed before bedtime because he will get banned, it becomes a problem. Most, have chores, and I dont think parents will like their kids telling them that 9 other people they do not know are more important then mowing the lawn.

As for students in residents I don't think they will stay in a game of League of Legends for a fire drill or whatever else happens to be more important, dont forget they are working at their ever-more-important education.

Then we have the adults, they probably have a job, and some can be unpredictable ie. fireman. If the boss says, get your a-- down to work right now I am going to alt f4 and deal with the problem.

Now, I saw that connection problems are different. So this just means everyone will reset/unplug their routers because they have a life to deal with, and would rather not get suspended for it.

As for the people who don't think they will get banned, no intelligent enough, or don't care enough to unplug their internet, they will come crying to you because you suspended their account for something they could'nt help for whatever reason. All you have done is bloated your ban appeal amount.

In my opinion: you have taken this one step too far.

I have attached a poll, for peoples opinions on this, instead of being trolls, and downrating the thread, vote. It is so much more productive that way.

-Wafer

Whowhatwhere

12-15-2010

Inb4 you get downvotes.
But uh, yeah, bolding important items is a good way to get your point across. Of course, you overused it. It seems more like you're grunting out those phrases while speaking to us from a toilet.

ShocKz LoL

12-15-2010

lol...

BriiiicckSquuuad

12-15-2010

I agree with you Leaver buster makes me not want to join a game in fear of 1 of my 5 siblings coming in and kicking me off

Tendresse

12-15-2010

You should bold more words to make your arguments stronger.

Seriously though, you said it. It's a game. It's not like you're going to be permabanned for leaving one game. I doubt you have five fire drills in a row during five consecutive games. They ban on the ratio games left/games played, so it's really not that much of a problem. If you know you're going to bed in 40 minutes, don't play a game? I mean is it really this complicated?

Also, if you have an emergency but you bother taking the time to unplug your router... well... let's not call that an emergency anymore mkay?

Wafer

12-15-2010

erm, it was so the trolls can read the important things without wasting the 2 seconds of their lives b4 they hit the downvote button. But thanks.

Whowhatwhere

12-15-2010

Quote:
Wafer:
erm, it was so the trolls can read the important things .

You bolded 'opinion'

Wafer

12-15-2010

Quote:
Tendresse:
You should bold more words to make your arguments stronger.
If you know you're going to bed in 40 minutes, don't play a game? I mean is it really this complicated?

kids don't have that sense of time, let alone when they are having fun playing a video game.

Wafer

12-15-2010

Quote:
Whowhatwhere:
You bolded 'opinion'

Thanks: Capt. Obvious. Let me try. you quoted my reason for bolding "opinion".

Joru

12-15-2010

When you leave the game, the other four players on your team continue to exist, even after you're gone!

I'll give you a second to absorb this information.

See, when you leave, they're imprisoned in a game for 20-70 minutes, except instead of being imprisoned in a game which they are playing for fun and chose to engage in knowing the time commitment involved, they're imprisoned in a rout where they can't do much of anything except get crushed until the game ends, because it's almost impossible to make progress in a match where you're outnumbered.

From a neutral, purely mathematical standpoint, the aggregate value of the rest of the team's time is about four times as valuable as your personal time. So you aren't going to find anyone at Riot or anywhere else who supports your right to storm off in a huff whenever everything in a game isn't going exactly your way. I promise that your dorm won't burn down often enough for fire drills alone to get you banned by the automated system.