How do you build gragas now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2010

i posted the complete build in the other gragas thread if you are interested.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narnak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2010

6 hearts of gold. Once you amass like 20k gold, sell them and buy 6 infinite edges. Make a hat out of them. Then go to the enemy base and /dance. The enemy minions will quickly develop Stockholm syndrome and attack the Nexus, achieving victory!

Or just build whatever, since he is a hybrid and pretty much any item works. Tank, AP, Tank/AP, Tank/AD. I wouldn't go pure AD just because he's melee so like any melee you need some beef. Not having beef can also limit AP builds...though you can stand back and toss barrels I think it makes you less useful than you could be. I think all of the gold/5 items (Randiun's Omen, Deathfire's Grasp, Youmuu's Ghostblade) are good with him depending on your playstyle. He likes cooldown reduction no matter what build. For AP builds Zhonya's, Rod of Ages, Abyssal Scepter, Void Staff are nice also. Tank builds, Banshee's Veil is also great as is Frozen Heart, Guardian Angel, Sunfire Cape, Force of Nature, Spirit Visage and all that. AD Builds, Infinite Edge, Last Whisper, Stark's Fervor, etc.

Mercury Treads are pretty much a given on him. I love Cleanse/Ghost with him because he doesn't need flash really with Body Slam and Treads + Improved Cleanse + Body Slam mean you can escape almost anything. I wouldn't fault a selection of Exhaust or Ignite if you are a big fan of those, however, particularly Exhaust for tanky melee builds and Ignite for AP builds. Clairvoyance or Smite can be useful too if you want more utility for less escape/chase. Depends how mobile/beefy your team is and how much CC the other team has.

The important thing is that your playstyle (and skill order) matches your build. And of course, the realization that Gragas can play any build so you can build to the matchup. Exploit the other team's weaknesses.

Personally I like playing him either pure tank, half tank/ap, or mostly tank and like 1 AD item depending on the matchup. I'd get the same masteries no matter what....0/21/9. Gragas likes to be in the thick of the battle when I control him.