Looking for Seriously 3v3 Player's Thoughts on 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MauxFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2010

I primarily play 3v3. I enjoy the quick matches and differing play style from 5v5. But the skill level of the people I play with vary wildly and a lot of people bring in the notion that matches should last 45 mins + with from 5v5. I also have found that all the guides and strategy are designed specifically for how to handle laning, jungling, pushing, and winning in 5v5. So I wanted to pick the communities brain on what kinds of strategies they employ on a 3v3 assuming they are up against a competent team and dont wind up getting fed, carry, and win.

TTS Zubat

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauxFire View Post
I primarily play 3v3. I enjoy the quick matches and differing play style from 5v5. But the skill level of the people I play with vary wildly and a lot of people bring in the notion that matches should last 45 mins + with from 5v5. I also have found that all the guides and strategy are designed specifically for how to handle laning, jungling, pushing, and winning in 5v5. So I wanted to pick the communities brain on what kinds of strategies they employ on a 3v3 assuming they are up against a competent team and dont wind up getting fed, carry, and win.
ganking often and early, thats about it

if you get 3 champs that are good at ganking, you win

trundle in the hands of a good player is ridiculous, he can make their physical carry and tank both rather useless in the same fight and still have utility left for the teamfight

shaco also comes to mind, his boxes early game dominate the lane and give great map control

pair those 2 up with a good cc (stun/taunt) like shen, rammus, taric, pantheon, sona, etc. and your opponent will have a rough time if you guys are competent players

Hoyt

12-15-2010

To play TT competitively, you need beefy tank/DPS characters. Mundo, Udyr, Malphite, etc.
The match is usually decided by control of the red buff and dragon. Many competitive teams will run double smite for this reason. A true competitive match will usually be very boring, as it's usually marked by very conservative play, culminating in the match being decided by whoever manages to get dragon. That team will then steamroll very hard, and win the game, with nothing much that can be done by the losing team.