10 Rules You May Not Have Heard: Mid-Elo Tricks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeyondGodlike

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
great tips. A question though:

One problem almost every solo team is confronted with is how to end games. It seems like it always difficult for even well fed teams to push in for the win, to the point where sometimes the other team can drag it out for a long time and eventually win.

How does one avoid this?
Force a fight at baron.
4 v 5 situations. Any time you have an advantage and can group up quickly.
When they become weakened enough from turret hugging to jump in.

Another problem is that people don't know when it's a good idea to push/defend. Overextending causes ganking, too much tower hugging loses the tower. Knowing when to go all in, having good communication with your team mates and making sure they jump in when you do makes for successful team fights.

DrMatthew

12-18-2010

Just submitted to Summoner Spotlight

Fateborn

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of Michael View Post
Better solution. Get a mike for ranked. Then you can do both the farm and the gank at the same time. Technology Go!!
That's the problem. There ARE some hearing disabled or muted players in this as well. You just don't know who could be muted or hearing disabled.

Dahras

12-18-2010

Cool article bro (****it just violated rule 1...)

Also, to the people who say get a mic for ranked, you do understand that setting up a connection for a 5 person team, even with a server, is pretty much impossible.

1) someone won't have a mic, so you'll have to type anyways
2) even if everyone has a mic, not everyone will have the appropriate VoIP program
3) even if everyone has a mic AND the appropriate program, it takes a considerable amount of time to coordinate, set up, and enter the data necessary to actually VoIP, time you won't have in ranked because of ban/draft

So yeah typing in ranked ftw

FaerellG

12-18-2010

Can you add in something about not locking your character before some sort of discussion?

I really hate being "forced" to tank because 4 people locked in carries/nukes.

larkhill

12-19-2010

yes, type out your entire strategy. go into as much detail as possible. write a novel if its required... but when you've missed your entire opportunity cause you're too busy explaining the details, or better yet, if the enemy jungler catches and kills u while ur typing, dont get mad at when i call u an idiot

KADAMA

12-19-2010

Good stuff, definetely will mirror in the future, this is important stuff. I do have a question tho. What to do when you are jungle rammus (me) and teammates expect you to gank with 20% health and 5% mana, then they rage at you? Also sumthing you forgot to mention is. Don't try to gank when you teammates have no freaking mana, people ignore their allies mana and hp bars. Overall good guide 3+

JW1NC

12-19-2010

Great post, bump to top.

ktkenshinx

12-22-2010

Lots of great responses. Thanks everyone for the feedback, compliments, and replies. It's great to see other concerned players out there in the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook
great tips. A question though:

One problem almost every solo team is confronted with is how to end games. It seems like it always difficult for even well fed teams to push in for the win, to the point where sometimes the other team can drag it out for a long time and eventually win.

How does one avoid this?
Always force a Baron fight. If your opponent gives you Baron, this is often enough to allow you to get down towers (provided you play smart). if your opponent fights for Baron, as long as you set yourself up well, you can win it and often take Nexus right there on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG
Can you add in something about not locking your character before some sort of discussion?

I really hate being "forced" to tank because 4 people locked in carries/nukes.
I am going to write another guide soon about Champ Selection Guidelines, and I will definitely cover this in detail then. Stay tuned to see that coming up.
A brief response though: everyone should have a tank they are highly capable of playing. That way, no one is "forced" to lock it in, because you are happy and willing to play your pet tank. This is not a criticism of you and your champion preferences. I am just offering a different way to think about the issue.

Thanks again all for the upvotes and feedback.