Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Heim question about turrets.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnyglomp

12-15-2010

My question is simple. What items help his turret. (besides the AP.)

Seeing as the description says it is magic damage, i bought a crystal scepter. They didnt slow anyone (even though it is my magic doing damage) but I figured the reason behind that is it makes his ult useless.

So i bought void staff. Seeing as its doing magic damage, the void staff's magic pen should work. It didnt. did the same damage as if i just bought a different 70ap item.

So i though since its stats are being shown as atk damage, ill get armor pen. didnt effect it at all.

So...can anyone think of any items/runes. that actually helps the turrets out? (again, besides AP.)

Biomatter

12-15-2010

Why do you think Armor or Magic Pen would visibly change your turrets' stats?
O_o
Also they do benefit from Magic Pen. You just can't TELL because it is a behind-the-scenes thing where they, you know, hit harder because of the reduced MR on the enemy being hit.

Bunnyglomp

12-15-2010

no, we tested. I had my wife stay in mid in a practice. she had a force and we tried it with the void staff and without the void staff (but with 2 items that had no affecting effects that equaled 70AP). did the same damage. It didnt effect it

Bunnyglomp

12-15-2010

Bump for answers.

Imaqtpie

Recruiter

12-15-2010

what helps the turrets out the most i find is not ever playing heimer, until the make the turret ai not **** he is just a ****ty ap nuker.

Schokcha

12-15-2010

Regular flat MPen works. Strange that voidstaff doesn't (didn't test that).

Elendils Blade

12-15-2010

I would also like to get an explanation for void staff.

Bunnyglomp

12-15-2010

i found no amount of MP affected the end damage. i havnt tried runes of MP, but i doubt that MP runes have a differnt effect than the ingame MP

Schokcha

12-15-2010

I tested it extensively way back before the nerfs and turret damage is most certainly affected by MPen. Perhaps they broke something and you have to place a new turret for the stat change to take effect?

Kesshisan

Recruiter

12-15-2010

Quote:
Schokcha:
I tested it extensively way back before the nerfs and turret damage is most certainly affected by MPen. Perhaps they broke something and you have to place a new turret for the stat change to take effect?

This may be it. I noticed that when you upgrade your turret levels, the already-laid-down turrets don't change at all. It is quite possible that the turrets do damage based on your stats when they are dropped, and do not retroactively change when your stats change.