Unconventional builds that win you games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aanallein

12-27-2009

one time i went tank build with teemo.. had a mercury boot, 2 warmogs, force of nature, guardian angle, and something else.. think it was another warmog lol.. but ya that was a fun game

Raplesyrup1

12-28-2009

Twitch with 6 tiamats is hardcore.

Shatterlight

12-28-2009

Two of you mentioned tank Zilean? How tank are you talking? I have been doing

Sapphire Crystal
Sorceror's Shoes
Upgrade crystal to Innervating Locket
Soul Shroud
Rylais' Scepter

And then the game ends. Is that considered tanky or support? I have used it for six games so far, and won all of them (admittedly, the last one was out of my league. The opponents were just plain better players, but my team made up for what I lacked, with a few Chronoshifts of course.).

How is Zilean usually played? The only guide I read was a nuker build, but I have been going for more of a support character with good enough HP to stand in the middle of teamfights and toss out Chronoshifts, Timebombs, and speed boosts as necessary, and provide my cooldown/mana regen auras.

Threads

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-28-2009

If it makes you feel better, unconventional builds are the shiz.
with everyone building to cut cookies, if you pull out something unexpected.. and it works.
you have just redefined the cookie.

and until people have adapted to use it, you get to roll all over them like a metaphorical fat kid with his superior cookie.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threads View Post
with everyone building to cut cookies, if you pull out something unexpected.. and it works.

and until people have adapted to use it, you get to roll all over them like a metaphorical fat kid with his superior cookie.
/thread

MasqureMan

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threads View Post

Ha. That's pretty mucht he feeling you get too, especially around the holidays.

"Whew, tank teemo! MOM, WHERES THE COOKIES?!"

Noviate

12-28-2009

AP alistar. I usually get majais, rod of ages, zhonyas ring as my items.. with majais maxed on that you can get up to 500 AP on alistar with just those items. almost 800 dmg headbutt almost 800 dmg pulverize. yeahhh 350-400 hp heals... enough said (ps: headbutt maxed early is REALLY good for ks to charge up the majais)

Tyrfang

12-28-2009

Whenever I build an unconventional build, I find that I have to do REALLY well (top kills on my team, or almost no deaths and tons of assists or kills) or else I get chewed out for being a "****py player."

Yesterday, I lost a game and my teammates called me "the worst pirate ever" and "to never play pirate again" because I had a "horrible build" and went something like 3/8/11. I had a poor game, true, but I know my build works. I've had several games where my team is completely outmatched and our solo-mid is being dominated, and I still went something like 12-4.

Coincidentally, I went up against one of my teammates in my next match. That game, I went 13-4 and led my team in kills. I laughed, rubbed it in his face, and took a screenshot.