Unconventional builds that win you games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vijn

12-25-2009

My AP Morgana comes to mind, Mana Saph -> Catalyst -> Boots1 -> Soulstealer -> Boots of Swift/mercury treads -> Rod of Ages -> Glacial Shroud -> void staff or Abyssal or whatev -> frozen heart.

It kinda depends on your playing smart early/mid since your AP comes from being a smart player and not losing stacks to dying.

I usually take 21/9 uti/offense

Magic Pen - Red
Yellow - Mana regen
blue - mana regen

I like mana regen early game so i don't have to piss away money on early regen items, and you can just have a larger mana pool with mana regen.

Try to keep your q and w balanced. w(4) with a little ap will easily wipe waves of creeps letting you just push and farm unlike any other champ in the game.

Most morgana's don't really play this way, hell I rarely even see a morgana.

But I usually carry the team. the draw back though is morgana sucks with cd's down. which brings me to a new post....

Personal bests with this sort of build is 28/2/6, 20/0/5, 22/2/9 etc and its pretty consistant.

The real joke is Teleporting into 3 champs and blowing all your cds for a nice triple kill mid game.

bobthegood

12-25-2009

Morgana sees a lot of high level play, or at least did so up until recently.

CD reduction is very useful on her. I tend to play her more tankish and get a spirit visage and a soul shroud because they are cheap, but there are better builds than that.

Guthrek

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyThePig View Post
Buying a lich bane on Anivia. everyone I talk to about builds calls me a tard for it but they don't get the K/D/A ratio I do. I even wrote a guide for it and got bashed.

(ignore the second screen on one of em, i forgot to push ALT when taking SS)
Ičve seen you post these screenshots in like, four different threads now.

Lichbanečs fun on any caster, though. I used to get it on most of my ap characters.

Myrnodyn

12-25-2009

Tanking Karthus was really fun to mess around with, especially since enemy carries will ALWAYS try to go after the "squishy" karthus in the back.

What I did was open up with philosophers stone then get: mercury threads/ninja tabi, Tear, Glacial shroud, abyssal scepter, Warmogs armor, Archangels staff.

If for some reason, you have money left after that...you can sell your philosophers stone and get a guardian angel instead, and turn glacial shroud into a frozen heart.

I really enjoyed watching confused Yi's getting nuked down by lay waste + defile as they tried to get a quick kill in under a tower or in a team fight. It also allows you to just run in the middle of a teamfight and make use of that wonderful AoE damage you have with little risk.

Having said all that...I do think that AP Karthus is generally better since the new buffs to his AP ratios.

Drake Tseng

12-26-2009

Melee dps Taric is pretty sweet. I did it cause I liked the char but I hated tanking. I wrote a guide on it, its a bit out of date, but the general idea is still there. It is pretty much win.

edino

12-26-2009

attack power Yi, im i doing it right?

T8mNEiLGTw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by topic title
Unconventional builds
Quote:
Originally Posted by edino View Post
attack power Yi, im i doing it right?
No.

OT: I play carry Sivir really often. Instead of getting starks - aegis i get bloodrazor, black cleaver bloodthirster and sometimes frozen mallet. Incredibly fun getting a triple kill in about 40% of your games.

Madra

12-27-2009

I used to play a pretty mean Tank Zilean, but I haven't really played him since the HP nerf to items. The caveat with him was that if the other lanes weren't able to hold their ground, it was almost impossible to catch up. Standing in the middle of the team fights spamming bombs and slows on everyone was pretty fun when it worked out. I think I went 6 or 7 wins before I finally lost my first game using that build, but like I said, it's been awhile since I revisited it.

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madra View Post
I used to play a pretty mean Tank Zilean, but I haven't really played him since the HP nerf to items. The caveat with him was that if the other lanes weren't able to hold their ground, it was almost impossible to catch up. Standing in the middle of the team fights spamming bombs and slows on everyone was pretty fun when it worked out. I think I went 6 or 7 wins before I finally lost my first game using that build, but like I said, it's been awhile since I revisited it.
Same. Since the HP nerf I've switched to DPS, as my starting item of a ruby crystal (building straight to rod of ages) used to ensure that I was the highest HP champion in the game from the start (most tanks buy hp regen and not hp to start).

Laina

12-27-2009

I agree that people here aren't really adaptable with their builds. Sometimes there are just particular situations where you're going to have to change the way you build your champ.

My Soraka has three different ways I can go with her. Depending on who I'm laning with.
Mana feeding build, Health feeding build, Attacky-ish build.