Unconventional builds that win you games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

12-24-2009

I pwn with AP Yi...

gniksivart

12-24-2009

To me if your good and can contribute to the team then why question your play style. Sometimes I just want to tell me to just shut up and let me own with my character the way I own with them and they should be more focused on my game then there's.

With that beings said I've played against some Sions that tried to stack AP. Terrible. Especially since one time they were the only tank on the team. By the end of that game my Sion had +4.2k health and couldn't be killed while there Sion was always the second or third to die and was super squishy. I've also built Ryze in some games I played to have a pretty good amount of health when my team was squishy and had some pretty great survivability.

What I guess I'm trying to say is if you can own with an AP Sion then go for it. I personally wonder sometimes if you got infinity's edge and phantom dancers how he would fair in game. But DON'T build Sion with an AP build if the rest of your team consists of two casters, a ranged dps, and a melee dps. I'm sure even top ELO players will switch there masteries and/or item build depending on what heroes are playing with them.

KhaoticImp

12-24-2009

I have people trashing my nasus DPS build all the time. I personally find it easy-mode but the norm is "ZOMG ITS A TANK STACK WARMOGS NUB QQ!!"

rEv3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

Zilean with Tiamat, Rageblade, Executioner's Calling... and in the midst of building Trinity Force. 9/11/17 meh

Zilean with Trinity Force, BF Sword, boots 7/0/10

I've also played him as a tank but since the HP nerf he's better as a carry.

PinkyThePig

12-24-2009

Buying a lich bane on Anivia. everyone I talk to about builds calls me a tard for it but they don't get the K/D/A ratio I do. I even wrote a guide for it and got bashed.

(ignore the second screen on one of em, i forgot to push ALT when taking SS)

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

DPS Eve. Massively underrated.

You rush Bloodrazor and just rape everybody. Her ultimate gives her such crazy DPS if you build her for it. That and the magic penetration you get from Ravage stacks with the bonus magic damage from Bloodrazor.

MuscleMemory

12-24-2009

AP jax used to be my unconventional build, but since they took away the old mejai's i've had a hard time figuring out if this is still viable

old build revolved around getting mejais really early and a brilliance potion, after that i'd pick up a catalyst and turn it into a banshee's veil if i was getting CCed or a ROA if not and then that was pretty much all i needed

anyone know any new AP jax builds?

Benoit

12-24-2009

Kyndryn,

Your guide was just terrible. Of course it work, but everything works. A good player can own face even with a ****ty item build, but there's better item build. It's not because it work for you taht it is the best. I'm sure you never tried anything else, because your item order is pretty weak, and you have no idea what theorycraft is.

Kaitor

12-24-2009

Well i did it last night with my GP build... and guess so? I GOT BASHED 8D I hate the fact that some people think that there's only a way to build a champion... if it was like that... why have items??

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=39363 link to the bashing thread if anyone wnats to bash MOAR

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-24-2009

Tank jax. The objective is to win by dodgeing and stunning constantly - leave the dps to your team.. Core includes frozen mallet and frozen heart.

Die-hard cardmaster. Hit'n'run tactics. Sorc boots, void staff(optional) Zhonyas, Lichbane. Focus on AP and magic pen runes. Flash a must.

Die-hard kassadin. Same thing, except deathfire before zhonya, and no lichbane. Get ignite.