Unconventional builds that win you games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyndryn

12-23-2009

I've read some of the guides on here. I've read some of the posts some people do that are all like 'If you don't build this champion this way, you obviously suck and should go read the guides!' Or some bull**** like that. Hell I had one guy tell me my Annie build was wrong because that's not what top tier ELO players do. You know what? That's not how I roll.

I have an Annie guide that I wrote based on my own play style. Its what has gotten me like, 20 kills and 3 deaths because this. But I'm hesitant to post it only to be told I'm wrong. So what I am wanting to find out is who here has gone 'against the grain' when they play a certain character, in a way that is NOT what the guides, the people on the forums or top ELO players do, and are pretty much the player to save the day, or capitalize on the win in a match?

Basilisk9466

12-23-2009

My Soraka immediately springs to mind - I play her very aggressively, and most of my matches, I end up with more kills and assists than the rest of my team... even our Tristana in one match, though she was a bit of a noob.

Then there's my vampire-cannonball-Tristana (read: uberheavy lifesteal build) that has taken on Mundo in close combat and won. It got to the point in a few matches where I'd be instant primary, and unless I got CCed, I still wouldn't die fast.

And then there's my Kassadin build - oh wait, that sucked. But no more than the conventional build! Yeah!

(I don't like playing Kassadin.)

Klazzix

12-23-2009

People say I'm noob for having a Doran's item as a start but I still get the last laugh after getting the first blood.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2009

I did a mixed build on Kayle. Ended up being the carry.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2009

o.O doran's items aren't noob.

doran's sword is usually noob though.

you can use any build you want for low elo games. i could probably just use only potions and still win.

Klazzix

12-23-2009

The fact is that it's all in the player. W/e items you may carry.

Milskidasith

12-23-2009

I once did a +Lifesteal, +attack, +dodge annie and went 30/0/10 or so...

Then again, I was playing a practice match against noob bots and you can really do whatever the hell you want there and win.

TheTruhan

12-24-2009

Yea, all of my builds for all the heroes I play are made personally by me. Though, I do get sometimes ideas from guides and all, and mix them together with my intuition and play style and voila! My build is done. There's nothing wrong in using your own build, you yourself knows how best that build would work.

GNOY

12-24-2009

So...whats you Annie build? If you successfull with it vs competent teams it should be good enough even if top tier dont use it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-24-2009

It would be great to see some more unique guides. There are multiple play styles for any hero and if something works for you, who the hell cares if someone's going to tell you it's wrong.