Katarina new numbers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Py37K98WBhtcHciP

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerys View Post
Just to clarify, Kat only gets a .3 AP ratio on her ult, not .35 like you have listed. That lowers all of your AP numbers by a bit.
Holy ****, why have I always been thinking its 0.35, where have I read this?

EDIT: Updated now.

SirCumference

12-15-2010

Did you forget to mention magic penetration, Lichbane? Lichbane proc will work right after bouncing blade and shunpo to enemy? Also you are completely ignoring the use of surviveability items. Your basically just ranking items according to how much damage they give you for gold which is a horrible way to base your build off of.

Py37K98WBhtcHciP

12-15-2010

Updated list. Sircumference, please read the first part of the post.

Quote:
NOTE - This is only looking at the damage/gold ratios, each item obviously has other benefits, such as survivability, cc mr etc - it is to get a rough idea on the damage on each item, to then contemplate if the added survivabilit/cc/mr etc is worth it for the total price.
Also

Quote:
These will be based on the more popular items, so DFG, Haunting guise and Liches bane will not be included into this.
All three of those items can be useful, as can will of the ancient, just they aren't usually that popular of pickups. Usually Void staff/abyssal will take the place of Liches bane, or even a banshees veil I find, or a combination of these. But yes, the proc can be useful as can the little MR/ms boost you get.

Cenerae

12-15-2010

Perhaps include a Sword of the Occult into the list as well? I imagine it would work out to be quite desirable, much like the Mejai's, given the new ult scaling and all.

Py37K98WBhtcHciP

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Perhaps include a Sword of the Occult into the list as well? I imagine it would work out to be quite desirable, much like the Mejai's, given the new ult scaling and all.
It isn't a very popular item is reason tbh. I ran some calculations - and it is actually a bit worse than mejai in gold/damage throughout the stacks (due to 10 starting damage vs 20 AP start, as well as slightly more expensive). There is another issue in that, any AD from SOTO doesn't get added via Zhonya's, and it also doesn't work with shunpo. So I don't think it will get any use coming through anytime soon.

It does however add more damage to the ult, 3 stacks on, compared to Mejai, so maybe it isn't all bad. Anyone man enough to run a Soto + Mejai build?

Py37K98WBhtcHciP

12-15-2010

Having played the new kata, my thoughts are as follows:

BB although a nice spell, doesn't really make much of a difference in the game with the new AP scaling, I don't really notice it much, but a welcomed buff.

The ultimate is definitely weaker, which is a real shame imo. I feel overall that she got weaker, which I guess was obvious as I was always an AP Kat user. There is no way you can really stack hextech gunblades effectively, to overcome this nerf. As a hero who was already UP, I don't know why Riot thought that, buffing Q, meant that they needed to nerf R? This R is only buffed if you go 3 bloodthirsters with 2 AP items compared to last version, or you start stacking hex tech gunblades.

TL Frolo

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRunesNeccessar View Post
Holy ****, why have I always been thinking its 0.35, where have I read this?

EDIT: Updated now.
it is .35, it always has been

Py37K98WBhtcHciP

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolossus View Post
it is .35, it always has been
I tried it ingame, I got 0.3 ratio. Why did I think it was 0.35 though? Is it written somewhere I am not aware of?

(I started a game with 21 AP, got +6 damage on my lotus displayed, if it was at 0.35, would have been +7).

TL Frolo

12-15-2010

dunno, patch notes says it was nerfed from .4 back when panth was released
always thought it was .35 too
edit: source- http://leaguecraft.com/patches/v1.0.0.72

TL Frolo

12-15-2010

actually, it may have been .3 but it was displayed on the tool tip as .35 then fixed?
idk