Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Free Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

12-29-2009

Quote:
Chandalen:

Also, when picking champions, players who purchased the champion should have priority over those who are using them temporarily (or who rented them if the above idea is implemented)

I don't like this as it would piss off people who were trying to try a champ and keep getting booted. Its first come first serve

AntSharK

12-29-2009

Unlock all champions just for new year's day!

XLeagueOfLegendX

12-30-2009

agree if its somone strong in as free every team you battle will always most probably be that champion in every team such as ashe, twitch, evelynn etc...
causes rage

GBash

12-30-2009

Quote:
RiotChris:
Why Rotate?
We currently rotate the 10 free Champions so players who haven't spent too long in the game can try out a few different champions. If they want the convenience of playing the Champions whenever they want, they can unlock them by playing (and earning Influence Points) or for Riot Points.

We also want to let people try a Champion out before spending earned points to unlock them.

Making all the Champions free in practice mode only would drive a large part of our player base into just the practice games. Having more people in match-making means shorter queue times and more even matches (here's why (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=12029)), so moving lots of players into practice games (unless they just need practice) isn't great. Besides, that would make it seem like we are charging for match-making.

How do you choose Champions?
We are trying to do 3 things:
1. Give new players some easy to play options
2. Give new players a mix of Champion types so you can have a viable Champion mix with only new players (yes the types are debatable because many Champions can be played more than one way)
3. Give experienced players a chance to try new Champions

The first goal does mean we rotate in some Champions more than others.

I hope that gives you insight into our motivations - I've attached a chart to let you look at which Champions have been in past rotations.

What do you think?
Given all this information, do you still think we should do 10 permanently free Champions and end the rotations (as suggested here)?

We're always open to making the game better.

- RiotChris

Thank you for your reply. I see now that putting all champions available in practise mode could keep players away from normal games, although we still have the Bot games.

Wouldn't there be an option to make a separate section for Bot games and make them a bit stronger with no IP and EXP gain together with all the champions available?

Because I am entirely sure that players wouldn't rush Bot games if they get no IP and EXP gain. They can only try out the heroes and see if they will like it.

Hoping for your reply.

XLeagueOfLegendX

12-30-2009

I tihink the champion should beable to be used in practice as well..
Normal matches ruins everything like warwick now....
If you spent money on warwick 3150 and its free its a really waste of a week for you because somoene most probably choose first...

Renelius

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:
XLeagueOfLegendX:
I tihink the champion should beable to be used in practice as well..
Normal matches ruins everything like warwick now....
If you spent money on warwick 3150 and its free its a really waste of a week for you because somoene most probably choose first...

I think someone had suggested before a 5-10 second time frame before a match where you may only select characters that you have permanently added to your account. Personally I think it may be a good idea. But I do like the rotation system.

Ravenjr

12-31-2009

Corki is way 2 weak i think its time 2 upgrade him, give him more health, armor, speed, something cuz he is way 2 weak. i bought him thinking he was good but man that was the biggest waste of 6300 points terrible. Please do something about that please. Thank you

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:
Ravenjr:
Corki is way 2 weak i think its time 2 upgrade him, give him more health, armor, speed, something cuz he is way 2 weak. i bought him thinking he was good but man that was the biggest waste of 6300 points terrible. Please do something about that please. Thank you

Corki was recently nerfed as many felt he was overpowerful. If you feel he was nerfed too hard, please make a thread in the Champion Feedback Forum.

Asperon

01-01-2010

Quote:
Archimede:
Thx for anivia.

(when can we expect for a new skin of anivia ? ^_^)

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=41605

Try this in the mean time

The Avatar II

01-02-2010

Sorry Manger But I dont like this new champions i more like it when shaco is with them...Thank you.