New Free Champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pen15Mightier

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtTheNub View Post
First of all... Janna is a mage because she mostly uses spells to deal damage -_-

Secondly, people were talking about Kayle in the first page didn't you read it?
1 post hardly constitute 'people were talking'. I thought that my analysis was completely different than just saying Reginald plays her as DPS. Was to the conversation...nice try though.

Janna does more damage through auto-attack than through spells. Her spells are just set-ups for team ganks (slow / knock up). Their AP coefficients are too low to constitute them fairly as nukes used to deal damage. They are almost entirely there for the snares.

Munsta

12-26-2009

I'm trying to figure how you calculate whos Heroic, Epci and legendary.. I thought it was with the price but it doesn't add up

MasterYi 450
NuNu 450

Annie 1350Twisted Fate 1350
Tristana 1350

Cho'gath 3150
Heimerdinger 3150
Shaco 3150
Udyr 3150
Anivia 6300

If I follow the prices, it gives 2 Heroic, 3 epic and 5 legendary..
it should be 3 4 4.. ?

Anyone could explain?

Bas Rutten

12-26-2009

@ Munsta

Riot points.

ClickityClik

12-26-2009

Personally I think that if a player buys a char they should "overpower" a player who is playing it for free. The payers support the game more IMO than a non payer. So if its a week with shaco's and someone bought shaco, they should get the primary option to play him. In other words like the first 20 seconds Paying players should get to choose their characters and then non payers. I hate when a noob gets on twitch or chogath and doesn't understand how to play them... Even though they aren't that difficult.

I also think there should be exclusive heroes. Ones that can only be played if bought. That or once in a GREAT while they can be added to the free play. It would give more meaning to the players that want to buy heroes. Oh, I can buy this guy and I will never have to stress a free player snagging him during games... It would give me personal motivation to learn that character.

Angemon

12-27-2009

To be entirely honest I think this game has taken an entirely wrong direction with this whole champion rotation swap thing. There shoulda been 10 base champions plays got for free whether you bought the game of play the game free. The players who bought the game or purchase riot points should have an advantage not because they have better champions, but a wider selection of champions. With only 10 champions to choose from, players who play for free will either have a bigger incentive to buy riot points, or to invest more time playing in order to unlock champions. I think players who have payed whether its just purchasing riot points, or purchasing the collectors edition, or the champions bundle are extremely disappointed that champions they've payed for are becoming free to play even if it is only temporary. The value is not there and their experience only encourages future players not to buy the collectors edition or any riot points at all. Also the skins are grossly overpriced, if you actually look at how much your paying, who in their right mind pays $8 for an alternate skin in a game that gives you nothing more than aesthetics. I think more players would purchase riot points if they got more bang for their buck. I've played other games where you can purchase some type of in game currency, and usually by showing support(i.e. buying such in-game currency), you usually get some pretty nifty aesthetic features, characters, items but in this game your money won't get you very far. Don't get me wrong, I like this game, but I won't purchase any future riot points, all I've purchased is the collector's edition which is a pretty good value, but not worth it considering a couple hours of this game a day will eventually unlock every champion fairly quickly, no point in spending the money unless you're impatient. But to each his own I guess.

Angemon

12-27-2009

^that first of should be or... whoops typo^

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
To be entirely honest I think this game has taken an entirely wrong direction with this whole champion rotation swap thing.

There should been 10 base champions players got for free whether you bought the game or play the game free. The players who bought the game or purchase riot points should have an advantage not because they have better champions, but a wider selection of champions. With only 10 champions to choose from, players who play for free will either have a bigger incentive to buy riot points, or to invest more time playing in order to unlock champions.

I think players who have paid whether its just purchasing riot points, or purchasing the collectors edition, or the champions bundle are extremely disappointed that champions they've payed for are becoming free to play even if it is only temporary. The value is not there and their experience only encourages future players not to buy the collectors edition or any riot points at all.

Also the skins are grossly overpriced, if you actually look at how much your paying, who in their right mind pays $8 for an alternate skin in a game that gives you nothing more than aesthetics. I think more players would purchase riot points if they got more bang for their buck. I've played other games where you can purchase some type of in game currency, and usually by showing support(i.e. buying such in-game currency), you usually get some pretty nifty aesthetic features, characters, items but in this game your money won't get you very far.

Don't get me wrong, I like this game, but I won't purchase any future riot points, all I've purchased is the collector's edition which is a pretty good value, but not worth it considering a couple hours of this game a day will eventually unlock every champion fairly quickly, no point in spending the money unless you're impatient. But to each his own I guess.
One, there is an edit button
Two, the champion rotation is the best way to make sure everyone gets to try a hero unless they implement a rental option. I don't care if someone else can play for free during a week, I can play at any time, and I can get exclusive skins for champs I own. Oh no, someone else can play with a champ. They could if they owned them anyway

You can't say the collectors edition is a good value and then not worth it. Its one or the other. And unlocking every champ? Lets look at an epic hero, not even the 6300 class, just 3150. Now, thats around 30 wins, at half an hour a win. 15 hours...for one champ! Its much longer to play to unlock everything, but I like that the option is there for my free play buddies. Getting a huge start on the unlocking champs for just 30$ and getting 10$ in in game money? Great deal, totally worth it.

If you want quick and easy champs, buy the 450 cost ones.

Soga no Tojiko

12-27-2009

i might as well ask, but has blitz already been on one of the rotations? i've been dying to try him, but 6300 IP hurts D:

Kriminalx

12-27-2009

totally disagree with this, while trying out new champions is fun i-d prefer having 10 free base champs so it encourages you to either play more or buy riot points

thx.

Felizar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Great but I want you guys too add teemo again. He's so fun too use and great job on new heroes I love the new ones like Cho Gath and Twisted Fate.