Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Free Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hu9o

01-02-2010

So we are in week 6 of the rotation now. I was wondering what heroes would be available in week 7, so to say. Will it loop back to week 1 or what?

Tnx.
Hugo

Mortox

01-02-2010

I like the fact that the Champions are rotated, it's nice to be able to test them out before making an investment, while leaving the game fairly open-ended in terms of play-style as you can chose to stay away from certain rolls (melee/caster/utility) depending on your personal preferences.

One thing mentioned previously that I have to agree with is that there should be some kind of priority-selection given to those who have paid for Champions, whether it be from IP or RP, over those who are playing for free.

I know this could make it difficult for people who are trying to test a Champion-of-the-week, but it really is unfortunate for those who paid 6300 IP the previous week to unlock Karthas or Blitzcrank for example, only to have them insta-selected in every other game they join. Obviously if someone pays for a Champion unlock, it's because they have a desire to play said Champion. Where as people playing the free Champions can't really make the same argument, since they're selecting their hero from a list of constantly rotating characters. If they like one they will buy it and get the same privilages as other buyers, otherwise they shouldn't be chosey on their selection as it hasn't cost them any time and/or money to play.

I understand the whole thing is a bit of a quagmire in the fact that if they don't get a chance to test the Champion in question (because a buyer is always getting priority) then they won't know if they enjoy the Champion, but at the same time there should be at least some incentive to those willing to invest money or time, other then just the fact that they won't have as much competition for their favorite Champions 4-5 out of every 6 weeks.

Closet of Death

01-03-2010

i think theres nothin wrong with champ rotations or the whole idea, **** i hate yi... can u guys make him less powerful

Puplavius

01-03-2010

Instead of rotating 10 champions, why not have 5 basic, easy to play champions available to play at all times, and rotate the other 5. (1 legendary 2 epic 2 heroic)

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

01-03-2010

Quote:
Puplavius:
Instead of rotating 10 champions, why not have 5 basic, easy to play champions available to play at all times, and rotate the other 5. (1 legendary 2 epic 2 heroic)

Not a bad idea, but the idea is to get fresh champs in. Its already annoying to see the same champs over and over again per week. If there were 5 that never changed, no one would ever buy them and there would never be a game without them. The easy heroes see more time on the rotation than the difficult ones anyway.

AmyOverlord

01-04-2010

Anyone know the lineup for this Wednesday? DX

Zevlin

01-04-2010

Quote:
Hu9o:
So we are in week 6 of the rotation now. I was wondering what heroes would be available in week 7, so to say. Will it loop back to week 1 or what?

Tnx.
Hugo

I agree with hugo. If he would release the 7th week I could buy some points, but I don't know what is coming. Maybe it's too soon after New Years. Maybe the Strategic Marketing Manager is hungover from a weekend of parting.

JuaniBanaani

01-05-2010

I watched the list of rotation. Too much Ashe for free.

It's easy to play and annoying to be against, so week when its free, its in every game --> lame. :ยด(

srgspartan117

01-05-2010

How do i add them to my account?

Jozen

Recruiter

01-05-2010

Quote:
srgspartan117:
How do i add them to my account?

You only get to borrow them. They're free for the week and then it rotates and a new set of champions are free for the week.