Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[HELP?] Attack Speed Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haxproof

09-24-2011

If you want to try a different build, go CDR manatank. Frozen Heart, Archangel's, Ionian boots, Banshee's. Your huge manapool combined with blue buff (which Kass should have 24/7) will let you stack riftwalks which is more consistent dps compared to his usual burst. This also makes you a total ***** to kill since your Riftwalk, one of the best escapes in the game, has a 2.4 sec cooldown and you are not squishy anymore. So you could potentially stack up Mejei's with little to no risk as long as you don't do anything extremely stupid.

TigerJesus

09-24-2011

I've also been toying with this lately. There are quite a few items that seem to work really well with a build like this, though i've yet to try it in an actual match, so far i've only done a couple playtests against bots. My thought process is to build him half manatank, but utilize his W and passive AS bonus to destroy casters. Basically, you riftwalk up to an enemy caster, survive his burst with your tankiness and MR passive then use the crazy AS boost he just gave you to W him into oblivion. Also, i've noticed Rylai's and spellvamp both proc from W, and don't forget it scales with AP. So you can still build AP and it will benefit his melee attacks even more. I really want to make this build work on some level but im not sure i have the skill to be honest

acosn

09-24-2011

It's not that a hybrid build on kass is bad, it's just that it's sub-optimal when he can potentially tie up entire teams, and still deal damage.

You looking for a mixed build?

Here,

Merc Treads > Malady > Wit's End > Guinsoo's > Hextec GB > Manamune.

No particular order to that, and manamune or Guinsoo's can easily be substituted with a Madred's. The biggest problem is mana. Just ain't that many hybrid-y items that also give you mana to work with.

99 STR SON

09-24-2011

Crittlesticks is still superior.

TigerJesus

09-24-2011

See acosn's build is actually exactly what i used when i was playtesting, except i think i swapped manamune for rylai's later on. The mana problems are solved by the W passive since youre auto attacking a lot more than AP kass anyways. the problem with your proposed build is the squishiness factor. That, and the AS boost from his passive after a good burst will get you almost to the cap w/o any AS items. Though the addition of Wit's End makes him the perfect anti-mage. Idk, i still think its worth trying

Xocolatl

Recruiter

09-25-2011

The problem with anything physical on Kass is that he just can't be sustainable that way.

If you build him AD/AS early, his harassing Orb would be too crappy to force people back, making it impossible for him to hit things and refill his mana. If you don't give him any mana, his Ult becomes unusable. If you start by building Tears on him as normal, then his attack lacks the punch to keep him in the game as a hybrid.

If anything, I would build Malady on him. It gives decent AS, is pretty cheap, and the MR shred also synergizes well with the rest of his kit.
I would go with APen rune and rely on Netherblade for physical attacks to finish people off.

Beaumains

09-25-2011

You know, Kassadin is one of the few champs who can hit the 2.5 AS hardcap without many items. If you put a Madreds on that, that's 10% of their health per second, in addition to the other damage (this is why Kog, WW, & Xin, are so scary).

The problem here is two-fold.
1) Most AS items don't capitalize on Kass's AP ratios, which are very good.
2) Most AS items don't provide sustainability or durability, and Kass is very squishy.

Therefore, AS is often a situational build, as it requires you to be an anti-mage as well for optimum development. Kass is unlike other hybrid champs in that he's more of an either/or hybrid (like Ez) than a straight-up hybrid champion (like Jax), though this may seem counter-intuitive. We know that Kass is supposed to be hybrid, or rather, multi-path, because his W used to give him 50 armor pen - which destroyed towers and magic damage tanks.

Now, Kass's magic dps really only comes from his Ult, as it's his shortest CD, followed by his Q or E, depending on how much stuff is happening (Q if he's the only one casting). So, in 5 seconds, Kass can either Ult twice, Q once, and E once (with massive AP scaling), or he can do that (with lesser AP scaling), and hit someone a dozen times for 300+ damage per hit.

In fact, if you build Kass as a melee AD carry, you can get a 5 second damage output of almost 10,000 (based on the leaguecraft builder), which may or may not properly account for rift-stacking, or even the use of his abilities at all.

tl;dr: Kassadin truly is a hybrid champ, but his hybridization comes in the form of adapting to the enemy. He can be build AD/AS (and even crit), he can be build AP, he can even be build straight hybrid (Nash, Rageblade, Gunblade). And all of these are effective if executed properly; depending on the opposition, one of these forms will be more effective than the other 2, and it won't always be the AP build.