[HELP?] Attack Speed Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WheresBravoOne

12-14-2010

I've been trying to make a Hybrid Kassadin build that prioritizes attack speed. The problem is that I generally suck with Kassadin and simply refuse to back off from a challenge. Needless to say, I have fed my enemies in my past 4 or 5 games trying to pull this off. Does anyone have a thought as to how I can set up my builds for an Attack Speed Kassadin?

Everspace

12-14-2010

You don't really.

He is not condusive to DPS, but rather surgical burst at the squish in the back. Go pubstomp if your REALLY want that

WheresBravoOne

12-14-2010

There's one opinion. Is there nobody out there that sees potential in an attack speed build? It's like letting Kassadin's melee attack to go to waste. If he was meant to be a pure mage, why make him attack in melee?! Seriously, it just doesn't add up. I wish I could ask some of the guys from Riot's dev. team why they list Kass as a melee DPS on the rotation board.

Shagrarz

12-14-2010

because he's one of the strongest nukers in the game? that may be why he is listed as a Damage Per Second champ?

Is there potential for an AS/AD build? Sure. Will it ever compare to how rapetastic his AP build is? No.

Everspace

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBravoOne View Post
There's one opinion. Is there nobody out there that sees potential in an attack speed build? It's like letting Kassadin's melee attack to go to waste. If he was meant to be a pure mage, why make him attack in melee?! Seriously, it just doesn't add up. I wish I could ask some of the guys from Riot's dev. team why they list Kass as a melee DPS on the rotation board.
Beyond me. He might have been at one point? His reccomended items are for nuke/ap (besides nashors) so it seems silly.

Attacking in melee is more of a flavor thing, Look at kat, she was mostly a spellcaster and was melee. And it sorta fits in with his blink and E.

Really, W is just for a E charge.

Why ASPD? If anything it would be more contructive to go the normal phys carry route with IE and such to facilitate his burst.

Adaelphon Delat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

Building attack speed instead of AP makes his amazing AP ratios go to waste. Why make him melee auto attack? Possibly so that it limits his early minion farming against ranged characters, and he frequently has to choose between last hits and harassment (with Q). But yeah, he gains 50 AP and gains aspeed through being focused. It makes sense to make him a beefy dps if you really wanna do that. Frozen heart, i'd prolly take manamune so you can stack riftwalk, and standard carry items.

However, I highly reccommend going AP instead. His spells have such short cooldown that you don't really have time to auto attack anyway if you spam them. And if you really want physical damage build a lich bane, hes spammable enough to easily proc it as much as possible. and with the 50 armor pen it will hurt.

Buried

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrarz View Post
because he's one of the strongest nukers in the game? that may be why he is listed as a Damage Per Second champ?

Is there potential for an AS/AD build? Sure. Will it ever compare to how rapetastic his AP build is? No.
sums it up. hybrid might be fun for farming minions early - but if you wanna win, go nuke s***.

Sumosan

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everspace View Post
You don't really.

He is not condusive to DPS, but rather surgical burst at the squish in the back. Go pubstomp if your REALLY want that
Your thoughts concerning Kassadin are interesting, as I've never thought of exploiting his atkspd before. A good idea would be to try to get items that give him both AS and AP, such as Nashor's Tooth. The fact is this solves Kassadin's mana hunger (no matter how much he has), and if you can increase his attack speed then his nether blade will be much more useful. The issue, however, is that you are sacrificing AP in the process, making the damage from his W (Nether Blade) much less useful. Additionally, people usually get W last as Kassadin is a caster and his mana issues (he doesn't have any, but honestly everyone builds more mana on him) can be easily fixed with an RoA, Frozen Heart, or Archangel's. The simple fact is Mana+AP trumps attack speed because of the higher damage output you can use while being more consistent, as he isn't meant to simply burst for .5 seconds and kill 5 people, it's more continuous burst as to why they call him DPS. His job is simply to kill squishies, and now he does it very well but only when given enough AP.

Why would you want AS on Kassadin anyways? Completely aside from the fact that you will do much less damage simply to get a tiny bit of mana every time you attack, when are you going to be in melee range during a teamfight without getting squished like a rotten tomato? (Kass is squishy imho)

Dubledox

09-24-2011

Could throw on a malady and nashors tooth (both AS and AP, with good unique passives for him) But you still need dmg which conflicts with his awesome AP ratios.

Lt Col Poro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

i have been building him trying to build him differently as well because i find that in a well placed team fight he has little place to hold his own or do any real dmg. As such i have been focusing my interests in the stacks of riftwalk he can hold. While i am still testing this out i have found that with 10 stacks you teleport for roughly 1200 dmg. (not including any ap ratio at all). This being said it would seem mana items are ideal on him. i tried a build that included manumane, ninja tabi (they were heavy ad), archangels, Frozen armor, and Banshee's and was able to survive fairly long and with blue buff was easily able to stack riftwalk having such a high mana pool. I felt he had nice sustain, i did not know what to build for possible 6th item.

The idea behind this build was to allow him to survive fights long enough to deal dmg and continually rift walk in and out of combat. It worked fairly well. However i am not sure if the manumane is worth building or not. I felt stronger with it than i normally did at that point in the game, however this does not mean it was just a fluke that i did well. This considered i will continue testing feel free to add me Natural Rage and we can discuss it more if you desire.