@Riot, Arranged lvl 7s VS. Arranged lvl 30s?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyronGainsbrough

12-15-2010

Trufax.

You and a couple of your "clanmates" have higher level accounts.
You all think, HEY, LETS MAKE NEW ACCOUNTS AND CLAN TOGETHER AND STOMP REAL NEWBS.
Suddenly, you get paired against level 30s and you lose.
Now you cry WHERE TEH NOOBIES?

Plus, what's the big deal about level 30s? Starting from the very first game I played, I always queued with my RL 30 friend. So what if I lost? I got over it and I got better. Now I play with 30s every single day and they aren't all that good. They're just like other people.

What's the point of a clan, if you're getting smacked around with a gragas in 1 hit? I see why you guys had to try smurfing to win.

However,

Woulda been another story if you guys had all been new and decided to play together and fought 30s. But hey, who said life is fair? We've all been paired up against or with "WTF WHY THIS PERSON" anyways. MM has always been like this.

SAT Prep

12-15-2010

Smurf life.

SFSC

12-15-2010

Nice Glacial Shroud Teemo.

Litto Rawr

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsutt123 View Post
I agree, it sucks that MM has to do that, but it really doesn't have another choice. If you are relatively high W/L, and you premade 5, you are gonna go up against people much higher than you. MM might eventually put you against lower level not premade once you lost enough, but only once you had a lower Elo.

And really, people don't care what you say in this forum. I personally take your point to mind, but in these forums, most intelligent comments go unheeded for the 100th "Your a smurf" post.
Thank you for seeing it that way, at least one person who's getting the concept from this thread, that's already enough. I'm not even going bother posting anymore because what you say is true - the 100 comments about smurfing. 3 of the 6 members didn't even know what smurfing was 'til last night.

sizzackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy the Spork View Post
being a premade of five gets you kicked out of newbie island automatically. premades of five automatically go against premades of five. the result is that a premade of five level 7s is going to go against the worst premade matchmaker can find, which is probably going to be a group of 30s.

a few weeks ago, i and two other 30s created smurfs in order to help out two irl friends who are complete newbies. all five of us queued up together three times. all three times we sat in queue for seven minutes. two of the three times we were against all 30s, the third time the other team was all 20+. we got wrecked all three times.

the current system heavily discourages lowlevel premades. this is a countersmurf mechanism and is generally a good thing, but it can occasionally be annoying.
hmm well i did this with my 4 friends to get 10 referals so we could all get the 975 rp. never waited more than 1:30 secs in Q and also NEVER got matched up against anyone higher than lvl 20. did this on 10 accts. sounds like the op got what what in the butt

Bowsersaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2010

Pretty much what Ward plz said

In short, play the game, eventually things will even out. I've made a smurf and I'm sure thousands of others have made smurfs that went against level 30's. Masteries and runes give an edge, but if you play your cards right, you end up winning and you can be satisfied knowing you did it without masteries/runes. And isn't it better to try your strats against more experienced players anyway? There's not much point to practice if you're beating up newbies, sorry to say.

So honestly, if you and your clan are anything close to decent there isn't anything to complain about. The whole point of playing normal is to just farm ip or test strats/builds anyway. So... do what you set out to do by playing your smurf accounts and leveling to 30, you still get ip for losing, and your team gets the experience of playing, I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.

PoonSauce

12-15-2010

wow..ok..here is the jest of it.

1) u make new accounts
2) get ur buddies to make new accounts as well
3) make a 5 player premade team
4) win against some newbies - boost elo(lvl 1-10)
5) get hard players who knows the basic of the game - boost elo (lvl 10-20)
6) beat them and get even harder players - drop elo (lvl 20-30)
7) lose to lvl 30s and come to forum complaining bout flaw in mm system (elo)

AlexHardt

12-15-2010

How can you say you weren't smurfing when you're using your level 30 account "SelenaSerpent" to post here. You are either an idiot or a troll.

Litto Rawr

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowsersaur View Post
Pretty much what Ward plz said

In short, play the game, eventually things will even out. I've made a smurf and I'm sure thousands of others have made smurfs that went against level 30's. Masteries and runes give an edge, but if you play your cards right, you end up winning and you can be satisfied knowing you did it without masteries/runes. And isn't it better to try your strats against more experienced players anyway? There's not much point to practice if you're beating up newbies, sorry to say.

So honestly, if you and your clan are anything close to decent there isn't anything to complain about. The whole point of playing normal is to just farm ip or test strats/builds anyway. So... do what you set out to do by playing your smurf accounts and leveling to 30, you still get ip for losing, and your team gets the experience of playing, I honestly don't see anything wrong with it.
I hear ya, we haven't been taking it too seriously. In fact, we played 5 games with our level 30's + the runeless 20 and still managed 4 wins out of 5. The point is though, with level 7's vs 30's, we're playing a game with no chance - a kassadin that can 1-shot you at level 6. A gragas that can 2-shot you at level 4. That's not learning man, that's just, not fun. =[

Smurf or not, this isn't fair to those who aren't smurfing and just want to get into the game. Sigh.

Beravin

12-15-2010

Since no one seems to notice it, I'll just go ahead and point it out.

You know most of the summoner spells also require a certain level to use right?

Sure, champions, runes and masteries give an edge... What about Flash and Ignite?