@Riot, Arranged lvl 7s VS. Arranged lvl 30s?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Oliveira

12-14-2010

Um smurfing means you have no runes and masteries and yes that makes a HUGE difference if you get matched up with people who DO have them.

andrewasdf

12-14-2010

This is the absolute worst thread ever. You draw a distinction between smurfing and "making a team" when in the end you are doing exactly the same thing. Making an alt account isn't a bad thing, but don't go crying to the forums about bad matchmaking when you get matched up against a team at your actual skill level. How would you feel to be level 1-7 and get matched up against a team of 5 experienced players working together? You went 7-1 before that game.

You are extremely pathetic.

Timmy the Spork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

being a premade of five gets you kicked out of newbie island automatically. premades of five automatically go against premades of five. the result is that a premade of five level 7s is going to go against the worst premade matchmaker can find, which is probably going to be a group of 30s.

a few weeks ago, i and two other 30s created smurfs in order to help out two irl friends who are complete newbies. all five of us queued up together three times. all three times we sat in queue for seven minutes. two of the three times we were against all 30s, the third time the other team was all 20+. we got wrecked all three times.

the current system heavily discourages lowlevel premades. this is a countersmurf mechanism and is generally a good thing, but it can occasionally be annoying.

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaSerpent View Post
So making a clan is against the rules? Right.

Wait... so you are really all lvl 30 smurfs and you QQ about playing lvl 30's? if you ask me, this is working like it should be and you just got owned.

havocfett

12-14-2010

If you were matched up against lv 7s, you would destroy them as you all had a ton of experience, but mm noticed that you guys were smurfing so it matched you up against people more your level

Litto Rawr

12-15-2010

Let me clarify the situation.

I got bored of MM pairing me up with terrible players in solo queue; therefore, I felt the need to create a team of players who would at least know what they are doing.

Despite any level of skill, we can't just jump into ranked matches without any chemistry whatsoever. Also, one of our members has not played in half a year. We thought it would be a good idea to get him starting off with nothing and obtain a sense of the game again (map awareness, warding, etc.). Just because we are all under the same clan name, it doesn't mean we are all smurfs.

Two of the six members have their highest level accounts sitting at around 22 and 24 and they don't even have runes. I myself am a level 30 with only around 250 games played - not exactly the experience you would expect to be smurfing.

@Whoever said we're being matched up with someone at our skill level.... I'll take that as a compliment, saying we're level 7's who are at the same skill level as 1700 elo pre-mades.

The intention of having new accounts were as follows:
1) Have all our accounts based on a team name.
2) Have all our members at the same level (or close to).
3) Have our new members adapt to the game rather than just facing level 30's as they level.
4) Try out new team compositions and experimentation.
5) If you're fixed on the concept of smurfing - we did plan to win a lot.
6) As a newly-made team, you want to build teamwork.

In other words, if our team can't work together at low level games, what point is there to even have a team? If we argue at level 30 games, the lower level players on our team will get the blame. If we're all the same level, who is there to blame but ourselves (and matchmaking in this case)?

Yes we do stomp a lot of kids, but it's not like they're particularly bad, we had some pretty close games. The team is currently 15-2 and both losses came from games against level 30's.

Anyways, this thread is not about smurfing or what my team is trying to accomplish, it's about matchmaking being unfair. To get my point out to this skeptical people:

What if half of us weren't "smurfing"? What if 5 friends found this game out of nowhere and decided to play together starting from scratch? Then what? You have 5 new members who want to play together and they get paired up with level 30's just because they're a pre-made?

Before you troll forum, make sure you know the topic at hand here, and it's about the unfairness of matchmaking - not your inability to understand what building a team is.

/dies T_T

Ryncwind

12-15-2010

ITT: Smurfs got stomped

Best Kimchi Kr

12-15-2010

This is normal. You're not good. I matched up with 30s with my smurf.

Litto Rawr

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryncwind View Post
ITT: Smurfs got stomped
Maybe I should copy+paste my statement to every idiot who doesn't see the concept - like this:

What if half of us weren't "smurfing"? What if 5 friends found this game out of nowhere and decided to play together starting from scratch? Then what? You have 5 new members who want to play together and they get paired up with level 30's just because they're a pre-made?

Siegfryd

12-15-2010

Matchmaking working as intended.

1234567 ... 10