Should Taric be nerfed?

OMFGHESOPYES!1!1! 20 7.35%
Yes. 36 13.24%
Nah. 216 79.41%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Should Taric be nerfed? (Y/N, discuss.)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minrog

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritayn View Post
Sustainability is a support-based skill.
It can come from skills, passives, items and summoner spells as well. Unless you are trying to argue that Innervating Locket or Vladimir's Q had/have no sustainability to them.

If they nerf sustainability, it would probably be good for the game. Get a lane with Taric and anybody and you can't harass anymore. They might not kill you (depends on the partner) but a stalemate is the best you're gonna be able to pull off.

TonsOfAngryBears

12-14-2010

Bumping for continued debate.

lorrec

12-14-2010

taric's main problem is his mid game. early game his heal is powerful (enough) but if you really harass him and his team and all he does is heal he WILL run out of mana quickly (and yes.. i play taric. and yes i go meki pendant first) and i never pick up heal at the low levels because its entirely worthless. any damage dealing ability will out damage your ability to heal. hes hard to gain gold with since hes melee and not all that fast. his shatter wont wipe out minion waves until at LEAST 15 minutes into the game so before that he practically has no gold income if hes laning against ranged/magic dps cause hes too squishy and has practically no damage. levels 1-5 are the worst for taric as hes practically forced to tower hug and stun to keep enemies from killing him. i played him for probably 50ish games after the heal nerf and finally switched to pantheon.

hypochrit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2010

If u lane against him its pointless to harass him or his partner... he is too good of a dual laner. I agree with a tiny nerf, but tiny! I hate champs that are underpowered.

KELPIE

12-15-2010

The problem is the mentality of team composition.

How many times are you in a solo queue and someone says "we need Tank/DPS/Range". I don't think I have ever heard anyone say "we need Support".

The opinion needs to be changed so that you know as a team if you start a game without support you will struggle, just as now when you start a team you know you need a Tank or a Carry.

Personally I don't play Taric, however I've never had any real issues against him that makes me think he's OP. Any champ in the right hands will perform above average.

I think the support role is critical to any team game and if your team is loosing a team fight because you don't have support, well then maybe you should think about having one in your next game, not change the dynamics of the game to make the support class useless/unplayable.