Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Taric be nerfed?

OMFGHESOPYES!1!1! 20 7.35%
Yes. 36 13.24%
Nah. 216 79.41%
Voters 272 .

Should Taric be nerfed? (Y/N, discuss.)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KOREAN DAVE

12-14-2010

Annoying yes, but OP no. It may be "Anti-Fun" (lol what a joke) to lane against Taric, but that's only cause he's extremely hard to harass, but late-game all he adds is a little armor/MR, an okay heal every few seconds, and a stun. Not that game-breaking.

Azriel

12-14-2010

Quote:
JuanBarco:
Taric isn't OP but he makes his lane OP. Really healers are difficult to balance in general because if they are good in the lane, they make their lane super annoying. But if they are good late game its even worse. Taric was really just an example of this because he gives a passive Armor and MR bonus to his lane and can heal making it futile to harass either of them. I think he needs a small nerf, nothing like this last week, but probably to cd or mana cost.

This

OpenFaceSurgery

12-14-2010

I'm confused, so a support is not meant to support? Of course a support lacks damage so they cannot battle in their lane otherwise they would lose. Why is it such a difficult concept for riot to realise? *sigh*

GG supports, you're next in line to get destroyed.

Loonybin

12-14-2010

He is like Nunu, jack of all trades master of none.

Tenken10

12-14-2010

jeez......if you're so concerned about his laining phase sustainability why not just raise the mana cost of his early heal a bit and leave it at that? kinda like how the current Sona hits mana issues early game. Anything else would just be overkill

remember. a support has to be at least worth his spot in a team.

Kadzin

12-14-2010

A spamable stun, a spamable heal, an aoe farming tool, and a pusher ult.
Not to mention that he can just regen back mana by auto attacking. Comepletely unharassable, I hate laning vs him, because he is an even bigger pain in the ass then Sona.

OpenFaceSurgery

12-14-2010

It annoys me that all Riot sees in this game is "DAMAGE IS FUN IF YOU DON'T FIGHT TO THE DEATH AT 5 MINUTES YOU'RE ANTI-FUN AND ARE PLAYING SUPPORT" No matter how hard you cripple support you'le never force them into an early game fight, all you will do is make people go "well, why play support if they suck so bad early that they can't hold a lane?"

huntroll

12-14-2010

Soraka, Garen; meet your new friend in the bottom of the Abyss...

OpenFaceSurgery

12-14-2010

Quote:
Kadzin:
A spamable stun, a spamable heal, an aoe farming tool, and a pusher ult.
Not to mention that he can just regen back mana by auto attacking. Comepletely unharassable, I hate laning vs him, because he is an even bigger pain in the ass then Sona.

Funny thing is, unless you cripple him into uselessness he will ALWAYS be like that. It's his job to heal, to stun and to help his lane.

What do you want done about this appart from basicaly removing him?

Minrog

12-14-2010

Quote:
OpenFaceSurgery:
"DAMAGE IS FUN IF YOU DON'T FIGHT TO THE DEATH AT 5 MINUTES YOU'RE ANTI-FUN AND ARE PLAYING SUPPORT"

They're nerfing damage all over the place. After they are finished they will probably go back through and nerf healing, otherwise nobody will be able to punch through it anymore.

I remember when TBC came out and people were up in arms about PVP getting dialed back. It had to be done, you can't do anything beyond rudimentary strategy when trinket mages can blow people up that fast.