Old St. Zilean Limited Edition Skin on Sale Now

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

Can you at least thinker for two minutes before posting? (Does not apply to the one guy above)

I am not "whining". I am not playing "WoW". I am not *****ing about the luxuries being not necessary to play the game. I am not flaming j oliver.

I am *****ing because I am buying the luxuries and I think they're priced quite HIGH compared to their production value.

Cosmic Power

12-27-2009

This skin has terrible value, and they try to make it sound special by adding, "Limited Edition". I have a free skin that's better than this.

Tuul

12-27-2009

sefam don't listen to these guys.

Im with you.

I have supported riot, bought collectors edition, and 4-5 skins.

I would like to support riot further.

I cannot justify $7, as many people cant. This has nothing to do with how much money someone makes and everything to do with budget.

For many of us $7 for a skin does not fit in our budget, for various reasons.

What we're saying is that we're willing and ready to support riot, and would like to at what we consider a price point which allows us to do this.

At $7 a skin, unfortunately i cannot support riot, despite wanting to, many of us are in this boat.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuul View Post
At $7 a skin, unfortunately i cannot support riot, despite wanting to, many of us are in this boat.
Then you will have to pray they go on sale when you're paying attention, and buy the lower priced skins until then.

Aubric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Disposable Income. Sorry if you don't have any. Not Riot's problem. They were nice enough to give you the game for free. I'm real sorry you feel so strongly about HAVING to have the optional skin, but cannot afford the extra 2 dollars or whatever it is.

Not in the budget? Why don't you buy one less cheese burger?
Can't force yourself to spend 2 dollars less somewhere else so you can afford the skin... then you probably don't want it as much as you think.

If you want it enough, you'll figure out how to "afford" a couple dollars.

Riot's target market for these exlusive skins is not the "I can't afford to spend 5 dollars" crowd.

TLDR: Skip a meal. Buy the skin. Or don't. Either way - no one cares you can't afford it.

Azurenight

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoelef View Post
any chance for a time jesus zilean around april 4th?
win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubric View Post
Disposable Income. Sorry if you don't have any. Not Riot's problem. They were nice enough to give you the game for free. I'm real sorry you feel so strongly about HAVING to have the optional skin, but cannot afford the extra 2 dollars or whatever it is.

Not in the budget? Why don't you buy one less cheese burger?
Can't force yourself to spend 2 dollars less somewhere else so you can afford the skin... then you probably don't want it as much as you think.

If you want it enough, you'll figure out how to "afford" a couple dollars.

Riot's target market for these exlusive skins is not the "I can't afford to spend 5 dollars" crowd.

TLDR: Skip a meal. Buy the skin. Or don't. Either way - no one cares you can't afford it.
agreed

Jdeezy

12-27-2009

The issue isn't a matter of crying poor. That is a completely seperate issue and even apart from that -- I don't know where you're coming in with the comment on cheeseburgers and skipping meals.

Regardless of that, the point which many agree on, is that once you have spent MORE than an "adequate" amount of money supporting Riot ($60+ IMO) , they should at least CONSIDER rewarding (minor discount) those that are helping support them the most and ultimately are spending the most money instead of simply mooching off this fantastic game.

So again I agree with Sefam. Please at least if your going to post ignorant or just hateful comments (and your not simply a troll) actually read the argument proposed instead of commenting on something completely seperate or just being offensive.

Spending $5-7 dollars everytime you want to purchase a simple SKIN RECOLORING is alot of money (ex: Nightmare Cho'Gath and Assassin Yi). For a new character (Udyr/Nidalee) I don't think that is unfair AT ALL, as that takes a SIGNIFICANT more time to plan, develop and implement correctly. Limited edition skins ultimately should cost more IF the developers take the time to actually change more than a few colors around - obviously.

-- In the end, I don't think considering a small discount is out of the question by any means. It could most certaintly be used as a marketing strategy that would most likely promote future spending and give incentives to those to reach this $60 point (or whatever Riot deems acceptable). CONSIDER IT!

Azurenight

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeezy View Post
The issue isn't a matter of crying poor. That is a completely seperate issue and even apart from that -- I don't know where you're coming in with the comment on cheeseburgers and skipping meals.

Regardless of that, the point which many agree on, is that once you have spent MORE than an "adequate" amount of money supporting Riot ($60+ IMO) , they should at least CONSIDER rewarding (minor discount) those that are helping support them the most and ultimately are spending the most money instead of simply mooching off this fantastic game.

So again I agree with Sefam. Please at least if your going to post ignorant or just hateful comments (and your not simply a troll) actually read the argument proposed instead of commenting on something completely seperate or just being offensive.

Spending $5-7 dollars everytime you want to purchase a simple SKIN RECOLORING is alot of money (ex: Nightmare Cho'Gath and Assassin Yi). For a new character (Udyr/Nidalee) I don't think that is unfair AT ALL, as that takes a SIGNIFICANT more time to plan, develop and implement correctly. Limited edition skins ultimately should cost more IF the developers take the time to actually change more than a few colors around - obviously.

-- In the end, I don't think considering a small discount is out of the question by any means. It could most certaintly be used as a marketing strategy that would most likely promote future spending and give incentives to those to reach this $60 point (or whatever Riot deems acceptable). CONSIDER IT!
Just thought I would note that this thread concerns the Zilean skin which is not a simple recolor. The model was changed. In other words, yes it probably wasn't terribly difficult. No, it was not a one word edit in the skin file.

Jdeezy

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurenight View Post
Just thought I would note that this thread concerns the Zilean skin which is not a simple recolor. The model was changed. In other words, yes it probably wasn't terribly difficult. No, it was not a one word edit in the skin file.
I feel that it fits into the thread under the fact that it relates to purchasable content and skins in general - not to mention that it adds further in that it possibly could help the company and certainly the consumer.

If you'd like it could also fit under the idea that I completely agree that LE skins should be higher value if it's actually more time spent than a simple edit as stated in the previous comment.

On a side note I saw where your comment came from in regards to Sefram so perhaps that was hasty. To clarify: my point diverges from Sefram in that one's budget is not the issue despite the fact that both points benefit financially. I'm not asking for freebies because I'm poor. Rather, I've spent more than my fair share helping support the company and my future support should be valued by Riot.

BankBank

12-28-2009

uh... it's december 28th and the skin is still for sale in the store
fail?