Old St. Zilean Limited Edition Skin on Sale Now

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeyk

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomad View Post
A price model that would make more sense imho:

simple recolor: 2-4 bucks

model changes/limited edition: 6-10 bucks

If there would be an awesome skin ( possibly not a simple recolor) for Tryndamere, I'd buy immediately!
That's still a ton of money for an extremely trivial amount of content. $1 for a recolor and MAYBE up to $5 for a really awesome remodel would be reasonable. I know they'll never give us statistics on this but I can't imagine they're making more money with these ridiculous prices than they would from reasonable prices with a bunch more sales.

Benwa

12-25-2009

Is LoL's whole fan base this whiny?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwa View Post
Skin prices are a touchy subject at the moment, and these are limited time only.

Wicked Zen

12-25-2009

Jeez, people. I like the skin and would have bought it at a more reasonable price too, but crying about it is just silly. If you think it costs too much, don't buy it. It's that simple. It's not bread, it's a costume for a video game character.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwa View Post
Whining = Crying about about yourself in a situation

Complaining = *****ing about the situation in general

I am COMPLAINING, stop reducing my arguments to dust by saying I am "whining".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Zen View Post
Jeez, people. I like the skin and would have bought it at a more reasonable price too, but crying about it is just silly. If you think it costs too much, don't buy it. It's that simple. It's not bread, it's a costume for a video game character.
So you're saying that instead of "crying" about what I get back for "supporting" the almighty GOOD Riot Games, I should suck it up because it's not bread? Jesus! It's a SKIN, for SEVEN DOLLARS. The only other company that pulls stuff like this is Nexon and they're nothing but a bunch of MMO scammers. Do I even need to explain myself further here?

This game comes from DotA which is free and is COMMUNITY BASED. I don't want to see this game turned into a necessary buying of micro-transactions of 10$ every month if I want my character to brown-ish instead of orange-ish after I paid 100$ because it's "Free". Dump this and make the game a one time payment if it's so necessary.

If you are simply gonna tell me that I'm "whining" or "crying" while my complaints are completely legitimate, then go troll some other trolls, they're all over the forums.

I'm even trying to contribute here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=40042

SSJ Broseling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

Heh I'm not really sure why people are angry. Do you get this agitated at the store if something costs more than you are willing to pay?
This in no way hinders game play. If someone is willing to pay $7 for something, let them. If you want something, pay the price.
Obviously, if they implemented something that was needed to compete at an unfair price that would be something to complain about...maybe.
If you don't support the price don't pay it. If they don't make money they will drop the price, but you can't blame them for trying to make money on a game.

Gekkonidae

12-26-2009

I can understand some of the frustration. But try and calm down the flaming on j oliver. While in some lights i'm sure anyone can rip on this guy, it IS his job. And i'm sure he, like the rest of the riot team work really hard at trying to come up with the best way to keep the game going. I think it's a fair price for the skin. Look at it this way.. The more money they can rake in, the better the company and the game will do in the long run. You can't keep a game running nor employees happy if there's no income. durr.

While i personally care very little about visual appeal, i'm sure that they will come up with some sort of offer I can't pass up. Until then, i'm only buying stuff with IP :P

Liath

12-26-2009

@Sefam

Why would you say $50 is a 'full game cost' when you're talking about an MMO? Does LoL have a monthly fee like every other MMO (besides Blizzard's, which can afford to run their creaky ass Battle.net at a loss)? Do you feel like the people who pay you to do whatever it is you do should get a discount after they pay you for a year?

Nubiaterising

12-26-2009

Looks kinda like Snata,real lack of creativity.

Jdeezy

12-26-2009

@Sefam

Read your other post http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...t=40042&page=2.

I totally agree however, I doubt they would consider this. From their standpoint, the people who contribute to their largest source of income are those that are paying for every skin rehash or new character and thus dish out the most money, while the rest of the community gets a free ride with the occasional people buying a skin or character here and there. I would be curious to see figures of how many people actually pay for content (as well as how much content they have) as opposed to those who just play the game but that's an aside.

TL;DR. If they give discounts to the people who purchase a majority of their content it will in effect cripple their largest source of income.

Hopefully I'm wrong as I would love to see this as I'm one of the above mentioned patrons. /2cents. Well thought sir.