Riot, some things will be best, and nerfing EVERYTHING is a terrible idea.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsdogsdogs View Post
don't let that Phreak guy attempt to explain ANYTHING.
Who is this kid?
What makes you think you know better than the designers on what the game needs balance wise?
As a riot employee and a likely higher rated player than you, Phreak's opinions are instantly worth more than yours.

AmPriS

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I'm not entirely sure what the problem with a shifting metagame is. I think it makes the game a lot more fun over time.
A shifting metagame is a wonderful thing. A metagame based upon arbitrary nerfs and buffs is not.

Dogsdogsdogs

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooner View Post
Who is this kid?
What makes you think you know better than the designers on what the game needs balance wise?
As a riot employee and a likely higher rated player than you, Phreak's opinions are instantly worth more than yours.
because of the current state of the game that's why, competitively it's a joke, a strong competitive scene is what these games are all about.

SweetTooth

12-14-2010

Quote:
don't let that Phreak guy attempt to explain ANYTHING.
Except he doesnt really... As i said the only time you find any information is buried in 10 different threads... That is like trying to get information out of legal documentation and not being a lawyer... Its hard as hell to find. And in general the responses arent even that good. They dont often provide enough information and dont address several other key issues/questions.

Kldran

12-14-2010

Quote:
yes, and nerfing the successful strat at the time won't achieve that. this is what the thread is about.
If one strategy is clearly better than all others, why is nerfing it a bad choice?

samuria

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooner View Post
Who is this kid?
being a employee != good at explaining things

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

Quote:
because of the current state of the game that's why, competitively it's a joke, a strong competitive scene is what these games are all about.
Its not formed yet, and neither was dota at this same time frame. Personally I never liked seeing a game having the shots called by its playerbase. Only bad things came outta it.

Audhulma

12-14-2010

Quote:
there isn't. the problem is a contrived, or forced, shifted metagame by you guys simply because you can or deem the current one undesirable > new patch every two weeks, nerf the **** out of everything to force a shift - take your hands off the reigns and see what the players can do, like Dota.

also, where do you want it to be? i saw some staff member say they wanted lots of strats to be viable, nerfing things that ARE viable doesn't and will not ever achieve that.
I dont remember who said it, but one of the reds said that another red wanted all tanks to lose all damage abilities in exchange for being more tanky in nature. Like, wtf? Thats just dumb as hell.

And back on topic, /agree with your post. Trying to force a change in the metagame is just going to bring disaster.

Dogsdogsdogs

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kldran View Post
If one strategy is clearly better than all others, why is nerfing it a bad choice?
where does it stop? the tanky dps nerfs were fine, but the nerfing of EVERYTHING AoE, carries, jungle in the recent past begs the question: when does it stop? like i keep saying, don't nerf, buff. encourage more strategies, don't homogenize, promote creativity, atm no one wants to attempt something new, and even if they do and it's successful, expect it to be nerfed.

Protroll360

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I'm not entirely sure what the problem with a shifting metagame is. I think it makes the game a lot more fun over time.

Balance certainly makes things fun too.

Too bad you guys don't know how to do that though