Cardmaster is still broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cosmic Power

08-08-2009

I've never played him, but I must agree. I've fought against him in almost every game and in every game, he takes out more towers and is in more teamfights than any other champion. He's a good fighter, and a good pusher.

Perplexed

Adjudicator

08-08-2009

The range on Wild Cards and the fact that they go through everything is still just plain retarded.

muusbolla

08-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by khristophoros View Post
to make this clear, here is the problem. Cardmaster can push too fast and is nearly ungankable. The combination of gate, wild cards and destiny is broken.

The true reason cardmaster wins games has nothing to do with how much the cards hurt when they hit you, people just complained about it because it was the most direct, immediate threat that cardmaster appears to have.

The true issue is that he still wins games easily by split pushing all lanes and still showing up for every team fight.
qft

Lendari

Adjudicator

08-08-2009

Quote:
Heh... Skilled and AP CM... Shouldn't go together at all.
Last patch: "CM is a skilless, Q spamming, AP stacking pile of bull****."
This patch: "CM has too much skill synergy and is all around too good. Good players can simultaneously control several key map locations."

Irony much?

The slowing component of the ultimate is enough by itself to win every team fight. Throw in teleport and consistently high DPS through the entire duration of the game and you have one mess of imbalance. It's amazing that we had to nerf Q before we figured this out, it's like it blinded everyone.

Tonight in the roundup a few times we were talking about heroes like Tristana for example and the moderator would say something like "...can you identify a specific problem with one of the skills" and I think it's logic like that that leads to this. No hero is based around a single skill, I mean tristana is a tanky, uber carry with high mobility, free attack speed and one of the top 3 creep killing abilities in the game.

Nerf any individual thing and she'd still be OP. It's the same with CM. It's about synergy... not individual skills.

Yes, I just turned a CM thread into a tristana thread.

Rellentless

08-09-2009

I deal with cardmaster like I do with all other strong champion's. Harass and farm him early, this has been make easier to do now that his early - mid game has been nerfed.

Koslomac

08-09-2009

In team fights cardmaster is good for his ult. Otherwise he is just an extremely good pusher.

Mittsies

08-09-2009

Dramatically increase Gate's cooldown at higher levels. I don't know how this happened but Gate was randomly like a 17 second cooldown at max level when I actually looked one game -- how the **** is that fair? I mean, I might have had the Golem buff or something, but still that's just REDICULOUS.

Make Wild Card's AP scaling dramatically lower. He's supposed to be a carry, but everyone treats him like a nuker due to his massive card scales. 0.75 is FAR from low enough. Sure, it won't stop him from pushing, but at least his cards won't make you want to scream and pull your hair out every time you're hit by one.

MrFroho

Adjudicator

08-09-2009

When hopefully remaking CM, you have to realize that he has 2 incredibly power spells:

1) teleport anywhere

2) reveal AND slow all enemies

for those 2 reasons alone this guy is an amazing pick in all levels of play. To give him extra outstanding abilities such as being a super farmer and strong dps from one of his skills, its a bit over the top imo.

Bianary

08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFroho View Post
1) teleport anywhere
Every 20-30 seconds based on cd reduction.

Skywalk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2009

I played CM alot, he's one my favorite heroe so far and since last patch i can tell i have a hard time ganking early/mid game. but if u focus on getting last hit and push your line without being too aggressive, you should farm alot of gold quickly and yes ull be lvl 18 before anyone else, even without pts in improved experience. but i can see that you cant kill heroes like last patch. You need alot more help from your teamate to kill someone and even then your card travel too slow. increase the speed of travel of wild cards, is all he really need. since he hit for less now, we should be more accurate at least.