Cardmaster is still broken

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khristophoros

The Council

08-08-2009

To make this clear, here is the problem. Cardmaster can push too fast and is nearly ungankable. The combination of Gate, Wild Cards and Destiny is broken.

The true reason Cardmaster wins games has nothing to do with how much the cards hurt when they hit you, people just complained about it because it was the most direct, immediate threat that Cardmaster appears to have.

The true issue is that he still wins games easily by split pushing all lanes and still showing up for every team fight.

Bianary

08-08-2009

I have a suggestion up in this sub-forum about restricting his teleport, and it got a bunch of responses telling me he was fine now. But I agree, he's still a significant problem.

Mr V Light

Adjudicator

08-08-2009

he still gibs creep waves in 1 shot.. still has gate..

still farms up a ridiculous amount of AP faster than any hero in the game..

gate + Q spam + lichbane means not only dead creep waves, but dead towers, in undefended lanes.

CM was good because of the sum of his abilities.. same thing goes for almost every blatant imbalance there is in LoL right now.. numbers tweaking won't fix it unless they're nerfed completely into the ground.. it's the fundamental mechanics need changing :\

Khristophoros

The Council

08-08-2009

Oh also, if you compare CM to DotA's Furion in terms of pushing and teleporting ability, he seems not too much better. I've heard this comparison before.

However, the Teleport summoner spell has a 4 minute cooldown, TPs and Boots of Travel in DotA have a 60 second cooldown. If we had something that could actually respond to Cardmaster's insane map mobility, perhaps he would be fine with huge pushing power, but as Teleport is and no TP scrolls or similar items in the game, CM is broken.

Village Idiot

08-08-2009

I don't know why his Wild Cards is 0.75 Ability Co-efficient on something thats just so spammable.

I'd bring it down to 0.33.

Lobotomized

08-08-2009

Well cm is not nearly as good in escaping as the new hero is. Cm is weak and very fragile. Just gank him with a stun or two durring the early levels and hes toast. The cards are also fairly easy to dodge even at close range unless you just stand there. If you let cm farm and feed of course he will be able to build ap quick and rape creeps and champions with his cards. Cm is simply a higher priority target. At higher levels cm can tele all over the map and you must have weakened cm by now or gg.

Khristophoros

The Council

08-08-2009

@Village Idiot: It doesn't matter what the AP ratio is, he will still push.

@Lobotomized: A good Cardmaster is much harder to gank than Kassidan, assuming his team has at least one Clairvoyance (most have 2) You just cannot keep up with Gate. Assuming he has decent map awareness and some Clairvoyances, you'll be lucky to kill him.

Quep

08-08-2009

just remove gate imo, it has nothing to do with his theme :\

Sphynxter

08-08-2009

I play CM in alot of games. With the last patch his champ killing power is kinda nerfed (somehow it's harder to finish off champs). His damage is still insane if you play him good. Especially if you focus on farming gear rather then ganking heroes in early/mid game. If you're able to kill a few champs in between the farming (which is easy with "Gate"), you will be able to hit lvl18 before they even hit lvl 13-15.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

08-08-2009

Heh... Skilled and AP CM... Shouldn't go together at all.

12345 ... 6