Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Soo.. yeah. Might have been looking at this for some reference.

That and the 3D model someone linked.

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
Armor with crystals on it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatsu View Post
I think he should be a lightly armored knight light the ones you see in Fire Emblem and then add crystal parts on top of it to make him look like a heavy weight. Oh and gotta show his abs regardless, cant be disappointing the ladies. Them abs could grind diamonds.
Just to be clear, are you talking knights like the Cavaliers? Or Knights as in the spear wielding tanks?

Bane LoS

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollverlord View Post
Also, while we're at it. Could Taric maybe...just maybe, get something like this as a skin?

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Taric-...2012-333164596
Oh...my...goodness... that is the most awesome looking thing I've ever seen. :|

Splinterheart

10-17-2013

I'm assuming that his lore will remain at least similar to the old one in which he pretty much declares that he shall protect everybody. For that reason I think his shield should remain big (maybe not AS big but still with lots of visual presence).
A lot of people I talked to said the hammer was iconic too, so I don't know how people would react if it was taken out for a sword instead (people would call generic sword insults)

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Just to be clear, are you talking knights like the Cavaliers? Or Knights as in the spear wielding tanks?
Cavalier without crystal and knight with crystal.

CynicalGiant

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinterheart View Post
I'm assuming that his lore will remain at least similar to the old one in which he pretty much declares that he shall protect everybody. For that reason I think his shield should remain big (maybe not AS big but still with lots of visual presence).
A lot of people I talked to said the hammer was iconic too, so I don't know how people would react if it was taken out for a sword instead (people would call generic sword insults)
What if Taric formed the weapon and the shield using Gems/Crystals? Like he can form a shield on one of his arms and a weapon in the other just by manipulating the crystals in his armor.

Kinda like a Knight version of Skarner.

Trazz

10-17-2013

If anything he needs to be MORE outrageous and fabulous.

Take a page from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for inspiration. Outrageous and badass are not mutually exclusive.

Kamcam

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Soo.. yeah. Might have been looking at this for some reference.

That and the 3D model someone linked.

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
I always thought it would be neat if his armor was made of some kind of magical sentient crystals that chose him to be the last gem knight. His lore would need some reworking I guess, but it's already a little iffy since the whole "champs being summoned to Runeterra" thing is being phased out anyway.

But I guess it depends on how he's being depicted. I could also see him as a very flamboyant, Booster Gold type hero.

Wightraven

10-17-2013

It depends on what you're doing with his lore. If he's still from another world, play that up a bit. Have him look slightly less human. Not quite so far as Soraka, but just... otherworldly. The glowing eyes are a good start.

If you're NOT playing up the "another world" thing or are getting rid of it altogether, Siegfried's awesome ice armor is a way to go. Play up his gem socketing and all that.

Hammer and shield, two-handed hammer... I don't really care. The important thing not to change about Taric is his mood. He's kind of like Man of Steel Superman; an alien lost and alone from another world who wants to fight for the good of this one, but is still kind of melancholy and distant. As much as we like to laugh at him being camp gay (and a nod or two in the rework would be swell) having him become a joke character would do the man no credit.

Baron Bodacious

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaia View Post
I think i'd like the crystal armor, to be honest... It's like the armor was forged of the gems, not the gems just being stuffed here and there in the armor.
Yea this. If it's up played that his armor is mostly made of gems that would be pretty sick. And would play up his "gem knight" status a bit more I think.