Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gløry

10-19-2013

Also, I'd like to add one more thing. Unless you're going to specifically write lore that says Taric is a homosexual, please hold off on including any sly jokes about it. Like don't give him special interactions with Ezreal or whatever.

My #1 biggest pet peeve is everyone who plays this game calling Ezreal a woman, or gay with Taric. It's not because them being gay would be a bad thing, it's because they're just making an "easy" joke that isn't even funny, or really supported. Nothing in Ezreal's voiceovers or lore or animations hints at him being (Hollywood) gay, just his joke dance animation. Taric...I mean he's got the Pally tier 5 armor with legwarmers. You can make a case. But I'd prefer if instead of some kind of camp gay undertones, you just let him be fabulous.

I just mean, don't change Taric just to fit into GD's idea of an easy joke. "Hurr-hurr, Taric and EZ are gay, har." He can sit right on that fabulous line without giving away anything about his sexuality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSLhrIuAZak

Reference material.

True Axis Hero

10-19-2013

Can we have Taric do a Jojo pose during recall?

for reference on various Jojo poses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gO_UMlmjG0

jjookkeerr

10-19-2013

pink taric need to be fabulous after VU, pink particles and raibow ult

True Axis Hero

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I think the VU has some kit updates. I'm not 100% sure though. We have yet to pass concept phase. Still a lot of drawing to do and syncing up with Design and Creative to figure out exactly where we want to go with him.

Relaunch is trying to get in line with what Live Design is planning/has planned when it wants to introduce major kit updates or overhauls. The term Rework is technically what is used for major kit changes, and Rework + VU is the term for a kit update with a visual overhaul included.

The optimistic plans of the latter is a loooonnng list. Longest of the 4 categories. Those categories being Rework (mechanics changes only), Relaunch (complete redo of existing character, mechanics, theme, art), Visual Update (Art update only) and Visual Update + Rework (Mechanics changes and visual changes, but no drastic changes to theme).
So does that mean season 5 or longer?

Axzarious

10-19-2013

Woah! How did I miss this thread? I remember talking about whispers of a Taric rework with a few of my friends, one of them being a Taric fan. I remember brainstorming a kind of kit rework under the following pretense focus, while also assuming his kit would be completely revamped.

-I've never really been able to get into playing Taric mainly because of the way his model currently is next to everything, but I've seen a lot of art and all, and I think the idea is pretty cool overall!

I think the core themes of Taric is being a sort of mystical knight. He's certainly Fabulous, and I think that should be kept as part of who he is. Taric is not only associated with gems, but he also seems to draw from light, and the earth (both by proxy of gems!)

- Whether his armour is made of gems, or his armour is gem coated? Both would be cool, and I think two skins to represent each would be awesomesauce.

-I think his current kit kind of lacks a knightly feel. Right now he's kind of an 'armored dude who throws magic at you most of the time' - his animations and abilities don't really have a visceral or physical feel that I think a heavily armored knight would have.

KIT IDEAS?
Dazzle - This ability would be changed to something similar to a weakened Cassiopia's ult. After a brief channel he would launch a short cone of light forwards that would blind champions facing him. This would probably grant him some armour as well, because he will need to be fairly close to use it properly (Point blank range maybe results in blinding regardless of facing? I do like the mechanic of the damage being based on range.)

Shatter - A short hop/charge that involves Taric slamming the ground with his hammer at the end - Think something like the third cast of Riven's Broken Wings. When the hammer impacts the ground, a few spiky gems erupt from the earth around his hammer. Perhaps this does a kind of half second stun for those in the middle of the effect, while those around the edge are merely slowed? - I do think that if this shredded armour as well, it would be a bit overpowered.

Imbue - This one I still haven't thought of an idea that I like fully. I was thinking of something that maybe boosted Armour/MR and perhaps some Damage for a short time when cast upon a unit. Regardless of the target, Taric would give himself a bit of a shield like Janna's Eye of the Storm. Perhaps when Taric is under the effect of the shield, his other abilities gain a bit of a damage boost or somesuch?

Radiance - It's a pretty cool idea, but it doesn't look very fabulous. I think the initial strike could be cooler. A huge explosion of Gem spikes from the ground around him, and possibly some gem shrapnel? A brief lingering cloud of gem-shrapnel that swirls around Taric? Ever play quest 64? Remember the first earth boss? Slam the ground, huge spiky rock formation? It's at the :55 mark of this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfME9WOBEEE Maybe a Gem-y version of that?

And that's all I can think of for this. I'm pretty sure my ideas are lame though, and will languish in overall obscurity!

Last note? Soulcalibur Sigfried ftw!

Gløry

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axzarious View Post
snip
dat Quest 64...lol.

When I think of what I want to see when I press R for "Radiance," I'm thinking about just an unbelievably dazzling display of light and color. Using some of the tech from Lux's E. Like just an explosion of awesome and then a steady glow of fabulous.

Axzarious

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
dat Quest 64...lol.

When I think of what I want to see when I press R for "Radiance," I'm thinking about just an unbelievably dazzling display of light and color. Using some of the tech from Lux's E. Like just an explosion of awesome and then a steady glow of fabulous.
Yeah, but for that initial explosion? Multicolored gem spikes! It would be epic!

Quest 64 was awesome! Or at least the combat and spells. It's rather unique.

MarcosLuis97

10-19-2013

Special interactions with Ezreal plox.

Kenny Powerful

10-19-2013

Why would anyone do anything to Taric? He looks good and his kit is legit. I can't count the number of games I carried as support Taric in S3....

True Axis Hero

10-19-2013

If we're talking about kit changes then I'd like it if his dazzle remained as a ranged targeted stun. It's a huge factor in his support and jungle role, heck it's one of the reasons why I love playing as Jungle Taric. Those ganks are just downright deadly.

Give it better particles and animation and all that but keep it as a ranged targeted stun.