Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invisible Man

10-19-2013

Sombrero dance with his hammer. Do it.

Snufoo

10-19-2013

bump for manric

Into The Fray

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstylus View Post
dude, my personal preference: Even during idle, his hair still blows in the wind.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fabio Taric.gif
Views:	127
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	804164

Uther PD

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This is pretty much what I had in mind

Again, not sure if it's feasible/possible, but I think he's a great opportunity for crystalline growths coming from socketed gems. That's just one idea in the pot at the moment though and my personal preference.
Please don't get rid of the shield! As Taric is the closest thing league has to a true Paladin, I would be crushed if he lost the shield. (Making his crit animation a shield bash would be awesome too.) Shields are my favorite melee-era weapon, I love the "Traditional Knight" look for Sword/Shield, and heavy armor. And my favorite fantasy item is the Mirror Shield (Perseus, Legend of Zelda, Dungeons & Dragons)

If you remove Taric's shield that leaves us with only Leona (who, as badass as she looks, just doesn't perform like a stellar knight or valkyrie should) and Pantheon.

League needs it's flamboyant Paladin. Taric has the potential to really be a stunning champion (a pun worth of Phreak?) - but what is a Paladin without his shield?

You could even make it so that "Dazzle" was his shield growing really bright, and then launching a beam of light at the enemy, stunning them with its intensity.

Here are a few inspirational images that i hope you guys can draw from. I saw plenty of other amazing ones posted in this thread, so I won't go scouring the internet. I just wanted to post to beg you to PLEASE keep the shield. When you look at each of these references, and you see the paladin without his shield he looks so naked and exposed. Almost weak. And if you ask me Taric is meant to be anything *but* weak. He protects his team, heals his team, and smashes faces in with his hammer, all while withstanding blows protected by gems and heavy armor.

Taric is League's Stalwart Knight, right beside Leona. Please keep the shield.

Eyrgos

10-19-2013

What about giving him a Two-Handed Crystal Mace... that could REFORM ITSELF into a Shield?!?!?! (or something along those lines, using the general idea of "reforming weaponry")

(Crystals shift & resocket, reconfigure themselves into the form of a shield)

That would be f*cking legend, IronStylus.

Uther PD

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
What about giving him a Two-Handed Crystal Mace... that could REFORM ITSELF into a Shield?!?!?!

(Crystals shift & resocket, reconfigure themselves into the form of a shield)

That would be f*cking legend, IronStylus.
So when he ults, (or perhaps when he uses Shatter?) he goes into 2h beastmode? And his "resting state" is Hammer/Shield?

Eyrgos

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uther PD View Post
So when he ults, (or perhaps when he uses Shatter?) he goes into 2h beastmode? And his "resting state" is Hammer/Shield?
Precisely. Perhaps just purely for aesthetics (like it reshapes real quick to Shatter cast & then back again)... -OR- if any kit-work were to be done with him, a Passive built around this concept would be cool.

Or simply Hammer/Shield-->Two-Handed Mace during Ultimate.

F*cking Legend, IronStylus

Tyrannus0

10-19-2013

While I'm not very versed in Taric and won't speak for him, will he ever go man mode like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGy5ZJ8cSUE

Aacey

10-19-2013

PLEASE give his armor of the fifht age skin those fuzzy pink cuffs caitlyns always talking about, and put it on his stun. perhaps a Voice interaction when he stuns cait or uses dazzle when near cait

for either his recall idle or one of his emotes have a sunbeam shine on him and his hair majestically flow in the wind

True Axis Hero

10-19-2013

Dear Parrot,

Keep Taric left handed, I trust in you and your team's direction on what design you'll come up with but my only request is to keep him left handed.

Oh, and manly but still fabulous too. Can't forget about that part.