Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlooKluez

10-18-2013

i would like to see taric in a diamond gem encrusted man bikini thong with long lucious blonde hair and sexy pecs glutes. for the ladys since they want a more masculine sexy, and more showing off the skin champion.

UltimaFatum

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Soo.. yeah. Might have been looking at this for some reference.

That and the 3D model someone linked.

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
It really depends if his lore is going to be revised in the process, which I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I think the art and lore team need to talk to each other a little bit to determine whether Taric is a knight/paladin that is part of some order of one of the nations of Runeterra or if he's a prodigy that discovered a source of power within gems, etc. The former would mean his armor should look a little more like a decorated uniform that represents his standing as a Knight of Gems, whereas the latter could really have him wear some mystical armor that seemingly grew out crystal formations, a lot like Glass Armor from The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. In fact the glass sets of the elder scrolls series has pretty solid references for what I'd imagine Taric's armor looking like.

True Axis Hero

10-18-2013

His chest plate should have a bit less gems, maybe keep a single huge gem at the middle but tone down a bit on the number of gems on his chest plate, there's just too much clutter and it kinda looks bad. See Armor of the Fifth age skin for an example of less is more.

Keep the gems on his shoulder pads, this is the most visible part in game and I think one of the places where it's best to invest a good number of his gems, just make the gems look a lot less pointy and a bit more streamlined. Armor of the Fifth age and Bloodstone Taric are great examples on how his shoulder pads should look like, not too pointy like the default skin but still retains a good number of gems.

Make the shield larger. His lore says that he wants to be a protector after all and what better way than giving him a huge, ass shield. Think of Leona's shield for a good size.

The hammer or whatever weapon you decide to replace it with, doesn't need to be so pointy in areas it doesn't need to be. Currently Taric's hammer has this huge gem on the top of his hammer and it kinda feels out of place and totally not fabulous. Make the hammer more streamlined and place the gems just on the points where it will make contact with the enemy, maybe we can put in a few smaller gems around the hammer but they should be more streamlined and less pointy.

And if possible keep him left handed. It's just a personal preference of mine and it's one of the reasons that first got me interested in the guy. I mean do you know how few left handed video game characters there are?

Vandite

10-18-2013

So IronStylus how about when he ults his chest armor breaks and all that's left his his radiating beautiful body

AbiwonKenabi

10-18-2013

I actually like the armor the way it is now...almost like regular armor but overtaken by his powerful gems, they almost seem to be growing out of it. Just clean up the design and visuals obviously.

The shield I think is important. As many have said before, it gives that feeling of the protector, which is more in-line with Taric's lore and mechanics. I'd like the hammer to stay, but if one of the two has to go, it should be the hammer. The shield and hammer currently are a little huge and clunky, so messing with the design and size so we can see more of Taric himself (and dat armor) is probably a good idea.

Perhaps having his W be more visual would help his overall look and theme. His armor is more overtaken with gems as W gains power...that sort of thing. Above all, everything from his particles to his model should be sparkly. He's a gem knight, he has to have the look of one.

In terms of lore, he's obviously lacking. Right now, his lore can be summed up as "He lived in a world where their magic comes from gems. He got summoned to Runeterra. He likes it there and protects it, but he misses home." I know practically nothing from that. He's obviously got more personality, we as players of him can discern that, but from his lore alone? Nothing. I think he needs to be from somewhere on Runeterra, honestly. Other worlds just don't make sense anymore when we've already got rich real estate for story-telling. Urtistan is ripe for story-telling; from Zilean's lore alone we don't know much. They might have drawn their magic from gems? Other settings could be any of the mountainous regions (excavating gem locations) like Ironspike Mountains or the Great Barrier. We don't have many champs from there. And if he MUST be from another world, give him some kind of conflict backstory like Malphite or Morgana have. That way he has a compelling goal to either get back or continue his goal in this new world. Perhaps he meets someone or something that reminds him of home and thus he wants to fight for it. He needs more substance. Like yeah, he has the whole father is a healer and he's a wandering knight backstory, but he never learns any lessons or changes, he simply "wants to protect people" and then he does.

Whew! Sorry for the wall of text, thanks for reading!

True Axis Hero

10-18-2013

If you should replace the weapon then I suggest replacing it with a Mace instead. Can be wielded one handed and the spikes are perfect candidates to replace with gems.

Luscious Lenny

10-18-2013

turn him into a mage bruiser and give this guy a ****ing massive 2 hander

DancerofWar

10-18-2013

All I know is pink taric needs to have his midsection showing. Seems only fitting for that skin.

Eyrgos

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat View Post
expect mass quits if this isn't his dance.
So much this. This needs more attention. In fact, when Taric does the dance, he should pull out a Gem-encrusted Tambourine of his own.

The Link again for those who missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CD4xb-Tr8#t=93

Hrud

10-18-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGy5ZJ8cSUE

Riot, please.

I wish for an awesome Taric that slaps *****es and crushes mountains, not one that shatters and explode half-heartedly.