Evelynn - A 12/22/2009 AP Evelynn Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AquaCaliente

12-24-2009

I recently picked her up as well, but I did so fully knowing she isn't the best. I'm terrified of people with a lot of health, tanks, yi, jax, and stuns. I still play her still for fun because a lot of games the teams are unorganized as well as mine and it lets me get those 20+ kills 0 deaths everyone likes to post up which really means nothing. But anyway my item setup is all ap no mana regen. I go straight for mejai, sorc boots, and lich in that order then its up to you. I usually go for rylai's right after, but If you're winning already you won't get there, and if you do get there :/

bobthegood

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
Bad Lane Partners

Veigar, Tryndamere, Malphite, Kayle, Anvia, Ashe, Jax, Corki, Soraka, Nasus, Warwick, Kassadin, Sion, Janna, Twisted Fate, Karthas

Well, Viegar doesn't want to lane with Evelyn either, so meh!

Great guide though.

Blux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

I completely disagree with Karthus being a terrible lane partner early game for ganking. Maybe you haven't played with a skilled Karthus yet but his ability to push someone back with defile and throw a wall down to slow them while they run away from all their minions seems to make him a perfect combo for Eve at level 3... Any skilled Karthus players can easily hit with Lay Waste on runners. And with them slowed and away from mobs, I figure it would be perfect for Eve....

Maybe thats just me though. I've gotten plenty of level 3 ganks with Karthus, solo mid and with lane partners.

Level 21 btw

Klara de Koe

12-25-2009

What about getting a chalice pretty fast and spamming hate spike? That way you can still farm minions pretty ok and get the necessary gold if you don't get the kills right away.
And hate spike spam can still do high damage versus opponents.
And imo Sion is a great laning partner. His stun and his great defense can aid you well.

Baratheon

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasc0 View Post
Forgive me for asking such a basic question, but I am VERY new to the game.

I started playing around with Evelynn and I do very well in bot games. It is not uncommon for me to go 30-0 while playing against the computer. So I tried my first non ranked game against people last night and got absolutely obliterated (3/12/11)!

My lane partner was Tristana, and we were up against Twisted Fate and Anivia. Any time that I would get close enough to attack/ kill a mob, I would get targetted. While I was not killed outright, I would constantly take 1-2 hits running up to smack a mob. So if you would, can you break down to a basic level, how to play Evelynn? Perhaps you know of another thread that will cover this and would point me to it..

I have read multiple guides, and I build Philosopher's Stone, Boots of Mobility, Mejai's Soul Stealer, Lich Bane, Nashor's Tooth, Zhonya's Ring. My skill build pattern is very similar to yours.

What I find at higher levels is that I am just to fragile/ lack the burst to take out people. My stats at level 18 with this gear was 1750/ 1750, while other (Kat for instance) had double my HP. My while stealthed, I would Ravage/ ult (if up)/ PS until Ravage was up again. I usually got stunned or slowed. and the person just ran away. I was using Teleport/ Ghost, so I know I could have dropped one of those for cleanse. At any rate, I look forward to a response.
Early game you're very dependant on a partner to push back champions so you can farm. Against multiple ranged, it is VERY hard to farm with an Eve. However, against the composition you described, Anvia's ranged ability is a fairly slow moving attack. If you can avoid the attack you can get in for a quick last hit.

Twisted otoh can be a problem early on. His 3-card strike has fantastic range but is dodgable, however an early stun card can send you back home if his partner's on the ball. That's why it's best to take flash for a quick escape if you can. Hopefully you'll get coverage from your partner if that's the case.

My best advice would be to hang back and grab levels in a situation like that. Last hit when you can get in there and fight close to your tower. Stealthing in for a last hit also works well if you can get back in through your minions in time as well.

If you're continuing to get targeted even when stealthing to your target, someone's either got a pot or has laid down a ward, and you'll need to get one to counter it.

You're really dependant on doing the majority of your damage during the stun. If you find your burst isn't high enough, try and find out why. In the early game (1-6) you're still relatively dependent on your partner for damage assists. If your damage is sub par, sure that you're at least keeping up in levels with the other heroes. If it's just outside of your damage range, you can consider upgrading sheen a little earlier for an extra 200 damage or so.

With my build at level 18 with a fully charged meiji's you should have at least 500 AP and at least 30% cooldown reduction. If you're following the build, this means that you should have a burst presence of about 2-3K. Fully charged you should also have another nuke available in the next 6-8 seconds. This should give you a chance against just about anyone. Against hard targets with massive hp, make sure you stun->grasp->nuke and spam hate spike til your nuke charges again. You should be able to keep pace with anyone but a yi, but a yi will likely try and take you toe to toe given the health steal. You can try and fall back against yi, since hate spike has a slightly better than melee range, then wait for either a weapon charge or your nuke then turn and blast. You can item counter with your 6th slot if necessary.

As far as taking down a kat, do it in group (as she can tear you a new one with her ult, and once out of stealth you have no way to stop it). She's not that bad once her ult's in cd. Wait for her to use her ult (since she'll often lead it early) then stun to take her out of it. Nuke and flash over a wall to escape if you have to.

Your job as Eve in groups is to dance in, nuke, dance out to restealth. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Your job with Eve in jungle is to nuke down the squishier heroes if you're confident of the kill, and just follow the beefier ones prepping for a group gank. Ping your map and let folks know to set up the gank.

Your job with Eve while lane hopping is to hop to a lane that is being pushed and prep the gank there. Your teammates have to be smart enough to let the enemy push them back (So you have time to kill) and be ready to pounce when you're ready.

Baratheon

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobiusMaximus View Post
I only recently picked up Evelynn, so feel free to disagree with me.

I find her far too squishy to begin with, and the extra damage offered by amplifying tome isn't worth it in my opinion. I like to take the rejuvenation pendant --> Philosopher's stone ASAP. The Health Regen is extremely useful and the mana regen lets me spam hate spike for farming more. For skills I like to get all my skills, then max ravage, get a second level of Shadow Walk and then pump hate spike, as the extra ~60 DPS helps hugely and 30 seconds is easily enough stealth time.

Soulstealer is practically made for Evelynn. On some chars I dislike it as if you aren't doing well with ganks it's a waste of an item, but Evelynn has to play for the early ganks, she can't farm well enough in my opinion. I generally never manage to get past my fiendish codex (which I would take to Nashor's Tooth.) I also like to take Sorc Shoes since the magic pen is useful, but both boots have their pro's.

Ed: Summoner spells I like to take Exhaust/Flash.

I had teleport for a bit but she can get places fast enough, plus whenever you're missing people tend to get paranoid and tower hug so it's not a huge issue for me. The slowing and -Magic Resistance of Exhaust are great in my opinion.
You're right, the damage increase from tome isn't really great. However, the damage increase from sheen is worth its weight in gold, and philosophers is a good chunk of gold that doesn't give you any increase in damage. That's why I usually go back as soon as I have the 825g to get it. Lv 1 hate spike does about 25-37 damage, your attack usually does around 60ish low level. Sheen is usually money in the bank, adding an additional 120-150 over 3 seconds and it gives you a fairly good chunk of mana as well.

I can totally see exhaust as well. It's a great spell once you upgrade it. I usually take ignite as a quick dive/last hit on escaping champs who might be able to flash back under their tower.

It looks like you're more used to using eve to farm more with hate strike, and that's good for what its worth, but you're going to take a dive when you come up against multiple ranged who can make eve pay while farming. You'll also come up weak against tanks or hp stackers where you took nashtors over grasp.

Still, your build is a valid one, it's just not my play style.