Speccing to your lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YaGoofed

12-14-2010

As an avid LoL player, I stick to one main build. But do I change up my build according to the other whole team or just the lane that i'm in???

Thas Ninja

12-14-2010

In general, following one core build is good. However, it is reccomended to build around someone who is doing well on the other team. If they have a Godlike Annie, try and incorporate some MR into your build.
Tanking however, you should always build around the other team. The only item I always get when tanking is Aegis of the Legion, because it is so **** good.
TL;DR Yes, if you are getting focused as Ashe, trade out that 3rd Thirster for a Banshees Veil.

HanzGruber

12-14-2010

The general rule of thumb is that you should always try to buy items that you'll need in lane and still fit your core build. That's what makes items like aegis so powerful, you can buy the parts that will benefit you now and complete a strong item later.

If someone is dominating later, or if you're finding you need a specific defensive item, try to rush it as quickly as you can after the laning phase. Even core builds should be flexible if they don't fit what you need in your current game.

LilBoy Blue

12-14-2010

i only build for my lane if it's an item i get good use out of later as well. for instance i used to like spirit visage early on vlad if i was having some trouble with an enemy AP champ (usually another vlad). nothing on the item is wasted, it's just not my standard first pick for him. but if it helped my early farming out a bit it was well worth it.