Regarding the "bloodthirster"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirin

12-23-2009

Can you quickly clear this up?

In a game recently, me and an ally of mine were stacking bloodthirsters until we were interrupted by someone calling out that they do not stack. That person then went on to explain it was not the damage that did not stack but the life steal. My arguments consisted of that it did stack was:

-It would be marked unique if it didn't just as the other items are
-It makes no sense to have an aspect of the weapon that was split into 2 parts, stacking damage and unstacked life steal
-I could see both me and my allies hp rising when attacking creeps, near enough to the percentage ( Which I believe ranged from my 75% to his 100% )

His consisted of:

-That the item system is like dota, and that lifesteal cannot stack
-That having 100% life steal on Yi would be rigged and therefore it is improbable that 100% life steal is possible
-That, like Zhonya's Ring where the 25% extra ap is not stacked nor is the life steal in bloodthirster
-That a weapons "special" quality cannot be duplicated and be stacked, else it would be rigged and unfair
-What I saw could be anything as the character my ally was playing attacks so fast

Naturally I ridiculed him by countering him with this

-That League of Legends is based on Dota not built on Dota, and therefore may have its own system where lifesteal can stack
-He had no idea what he was talking about
-Zhonya's Ring is marked unique whereas bloodthirster is not therefore they are incomparable
-Lifesteal is not a "special" quality
-My ally killed the creep he was attacking and so there was a pause where I could distinguish the hp rise

While everyone is entitled to their own opinions no matter how bigoted, muddled it may be, could you please clear this up?

ConeEtho

12-23-2009

All lifesteal items stack additively. You can even get more than 100% btw. For example, if you have 5 maxed out bloodthirsters you WILL get 125% of life steal.

Oh, and the same happens in DotA to a degree. Skeleton King with Vladimir and Satanic activated reach 28+18+100 = 146% of lifesteal.

Dagna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2009

The only thing that might not stack is the effect. The hard stats are additive. More than likely though, the more BT's you stack the faster you will reach to max benefit of a single BT. (happens with tears of the goddes among other items as well). I have not seen the ability to stack multiple stacking effects (of the same item) and surpass the max benefit you would receive from just one item. It just gets you to the max quicker.

gniksivart

12-23-2009

http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287

All you want to know about how everything stacks. If anyone gives you **** just tell them to read this.

Dagna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gniksivart View Post
http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287

All you want to know about how everything stacks. If anyone gives you **** just tell them to read this.

Not really "all you want to know"...

Good info but it doesnt explain how 2 tears of the goddess works on the same champ. If you have 2 TotG's you will only get the extra mana from 1 of them but you will reach the max benefit twice as quick.

I believe this to be the same for Bloodthirsters. You will only get 40 more damage and 10% lifesteal total, even if you have 2 of them, but you will reach the max benefit twice as quick.

gniksivart

12-23-2009

O I see your asking if the cap doubles too?

Quote:
Passive: Gain an additional 1 DMG and .25 % lifesteal per kill. Cap 40 DMG and 10% lifesteal. Lost upon dying.
So your basically asking if you get two items if the cap goes to 40 DMG and 20% Lifesteal. Or if you get an additional 2 DMG and 0.5% lifesteal per kill so u get to the cap faster?

Shadowmant

12-24-2009

Basically I believe he wants to know if you have 2 blood thirsters would the effect cap out at +80 dmg and 20% life steal

It's a good question since the effect is a passive and not unique, one would think they would stack. Gets me thinking about 3 thirsters, Beserker Greaves, Infinity and Phantom. +380 damage, 75% lifesteal and decent speed late game.

Furor

12-24-2009

All of Bloodthirster's effects stack additively. You get +200 Attack and +50% lifesteal from two of them fully-buffed, from the same amount of kills.

gniksivart

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furor View Post
All of Bloodthirster's effects stack additively. You get +200 Attack and +50% lifesteal from two of them fully-buffed, from the same amount of kills.
I agree with this. Unique is no where in the description of the item, so pretty sure that all aspects of this item stack additively with no conditions of diminishing returns.

ConeEtho

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furor View Post
That is true. Similarly, with 5 of then, fully charged you have 500 damage and 125% lifesteal.

The catch is that if you die you are reverted back to 300 damage and 75% lifesteal. At least each enemy you kill counts for all of them, so you can recover quickier. After 40 enemies killed you would be back on max in all 5.