Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoshiro

10-15-2013

I think there should be a pick order no DRAFT mode, No more I called ADC!!!

Zerglinator

10-15-2013

Does this mean I will be able to play Supportgot?

MankindsBadHABIT

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
That's what is happening. This does not replace any existing mode.

All these people calling for it to be implemented to ranked ... it could replace queueing in ranked which will indeed mess with existing game modes, that is what worries me. If this is its own separate queue I'll probably even TRY IT sometimes.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MankindsBadHABIT View Post
In short: No compromise, everyone who wants to play the standard way gets what they want, everyone else gets screwed.
Again, this speculation is you assuming no one else has your same point of view. I think this thread makes it clear that is untrue.

ExjK

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarFlickerman View Post
Simple:

Get some friends.
The great thing is I'll get both friends and what I want when I queue solo. =)

Starlighte

10-15-2013

To start off, I think this would work well with Ranked and Draft if you implement it so positions are the only thing you NEED to specify. (Think, filling out an online form with an asterisk next to it) If this happens it will work just find for Ranked and Draft considering bans are still a thing that this new system needs to contend with.

Though, I think there should be a way to Q up for multiple roles and to have some sort of alert that lets you know what position you got matched in. This will decrease Q timers and will allow more experiences players to take the "fill" position that we all love to hear when we Q for ranked as it is.

In my opinion I think this is a cop out to the Champion Select issue. I think having this as a separate Q does absolutely NOTHING but pull all the non-toxic players from the normal Q-ing structure to this new one, and unintentionally creates a "Prisoner Island" scenario in the other Q's. If this gets implemented in live it needs to be implemented in place of everything else, and it needs to be significantly more flexible than it currently is. Otherwise, this does absolutely NOTHING to solve the current toxicity we see in Champion Select

RavageRose

10-15-2013

Finally.. after 2 years of suggesting ideas like this you have heard us!

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MankindsBadHABIT View Post
All these people calling for it to be implemented to ranked ... it could replace queueing in ranked which will indeed mess with existing game modes, that is what worries me. If this is its own separate queue I'll probably even TRY IT sometimes.
It is a separate queue and is not planned to come to ranked in this form. If that hasn't been clarified here in red posts, swing by reddit and they have definitely spelled that out.

DragonsDeck

10-15-2013

Here is my concern with this, I'm not a very high elo or that good of player, I like to play mostly ARAMs at this point however I do enjoy the occasional Summoners Rift game. So what happens when I decide to play a game and I want to go FiddleSticks support as I've enjoyed playing a bunch of him in ARAMS. So I que him up and play a game, the game doesn't go well and we lose and I don't have a good score, there is no raging/flaming on my part, or intentional feeding, I'm just not very good and playing a new champ. But now because I've qued up for that Champ and that Role, my team probably expects me to do a lot better than I did and now they report for whatever reason because that happens.

Does Riot expect reports or anything to go up because now if people see you que'd for that role/champ you should be experienced at that champ?

Also will there be come controls that only a certain elo/MMR can que up for that role/champ depending on who else is que'd on that team?

IIRozenII

10-15-2013

This is great.

Will there be an option to select that you wanna be "x" or "y" so the matchmaking runs more smooth or only one role can be chosen?