Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dominix

11-05-2013

I hate this

LordClifton

11-05-2013

Hey Riot,

I have a few questions surrounding the long-term impact this will have, which I will write here seeing as I work during your AMA event. :P

Question #1: If the feature becomes permanent, how does the feature force set perimeters in terms of champion's select-ability on the rest of the group (in the event of only 4 grouped together)?

Question #2: If I wanted to play a pain support or a kill lane (but was included as an extra man in the que system) when support is available, but was kicked by the rest of the team pre-game for "trolling", how would that impact me?

Question #3: Truly competitive games are often decided by composition before the game starts. Strategy (with execution) will always beat tactics. Thus the selection process itself is ever-evolving to countering the other side. Sometimes what some players are good at may have been banned or countered, and such a player may need to pick outside the intended path in order to present the best option for victory.
- With these such games and upon a consensus reached DURING the champion selection itself, how would the suggested system accommodate to 'changing' picks, if at all?

____Adjusting mid-selection happens more often than you'd think, and was the primary reason I got out of Silver and Gold Divisions this season. Don't take that away for future great players.

Ever your Fan and Sincerely Yours,

LordClifton (in-game ID)

P.S. Having to play other roles has greatly helped my understanding of the game, and helped me understand, what advice cannot alone do, how to recognize what is truly needed in-game for the victory.
As I said, Strategy always beats Tactics. Knowing how just one role works is like understanding just 1 of the 22 members of an American Football team. (Offense and Defense = 22 players). The truly great players in Football are often Quarterbacks because in order to be successful long-term, it takes understanding the team as a whole.

ProXSky

11-05-2013

Interesting :P

qwert13243546

11-05-2013

I'm very happy about this. Thank you riot

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2013

Won't this cement the meta in terms of defined roles as well as limit the selection of champions that are allowed to fill said roles?

What about those rare gems like a double jungle that functions, or an a-typical support role? I fear that this could have a negative impact on the diversity of the game.

mental12

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2013

I hope this hasn't been answered already, but will there be a maximum number of boots a team leader can make within a certain time period to prevent someone from constantly cycling through people until they get the champions they want for each role?

It might help a team leader consider allowing things like zilean mid when they only have 3 boots until they complete their next match or something, giving that zilean mid a bit of a break in trying to find a match

mrnimbus

11-05-2013

AWESOME always wanted this

Gideondude

11-05-2013

So, I'm sure a lot of people have asked this and I probably won't get an answer but I'll ask it just in case. So how does the whole "crazy meta" thing work? What If I just want to get into a normal game where people play the meta but someone goes Jungle/Mage or something like that? Or what if I want to play something weird but I want a fairly normal team?

phantomscorpion

11-05-2013

this is an amazing idea and i think it will solve a lot of team problems

RhynoD

11-05-2013

Not sure if this has been asked before (or answered) but:

Is there a "fill" selection? To say, I will play whatever roll is needed?