Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psychotic Man

10-16-2013

why do we need to restrict someone to one champion, just let him select a lane and role or champion characteristic like "Tank" or "Burst" or "DPS" or so on. This way people will go in expecting the team comp they want. If you implement such a system, only fotm picks will get a chance.

Darth Melkor

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Man View Post
why do we need to restrict someone to one champion, just let him select a lane and role or champion characteristic like "Tank" or "Burst" or "DPS" or so on. This way people will go in expecting the team comp they want. If you implement such a system, only fotm picks will get a chance.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...5#post42263785

FischerPrice

10-16-2013

Matchmaking queues upwards of 30 minutes because no one wants to play bot lane support.

ThatJuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

if supprting the meta gets me the ****ing position i want 100%, **** it, im in!

FischerPrice

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryslash View Post
That was the funniest **** I've ever seen.

DragonPhoeniX

10-16-2013

My idea for Team Builder if it ever went into ranked would be you would pick your Role and then your champion pool.

Example:

Summoner: DragonPhoeniX

Role: Jungle

Champion Pool: Hecarim,Rammus,Cho'Gath,Darius,Master Yi,Nocturne,Rengar,Sejuani,Vi,Zac.

your champion pool would be the champions that you yourself selected as champions that you might go jungling within a game, the champions of course would only be champions you own.

This in turn would account for something like the banning phase and you would only be allowed to pick from the specific champions and of course you could not go without smite.

also you would not be forced to pick a champion the team wants you to play rather a champion you yourself want to play, you can of course inform them of your reason for picking the champ if you would like to.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Of course this does not account for champion swapping, however a similar system can be made to show what champion you have to swap with.

using my first example of a Jungler, suppose your ADC was first pick and you were last he could show you the Junglers he has out of the Champion Pool you made and you could pick the champion you would like to go with,

champions in bold would be the champion picked to swap for, Examples below

1st Pick Champion Pool: Hecarim,Rammus,Darius,Master Yi,Rengar,Sejuani,Vi,Zac.

In this case I the last pick would pick Hecarim, now when my turn arrives the ADC will be able view the ADC I have available and pick select one from there.

Last Pick Marksman Champion Pool:Ashe,Caitlyn,Corki,Ezreal,Graves,Lucian,Miss Fortune,,Vayne,Jinx,Jayce

In this way there should not be any issue with the trading system of team builder.

I really hope to get a response from the team working on this, please.

BeastEyee

10-16-2013

I'm certain this will have been mentioned in the thread before, but would you please adapt it such that we can select multiple roles (with one champion for every role), and then when we're placed into a team the system automatically (or randomly if more than 1 is available) chooses what role we go and shows that one to the host.

Example:
I queue up as Twitch ADC and Ahri mid.
Team 1 needs an ADC but already have a mid so the host sees me as ADC Twitch and can accept or decline. He declines. (If he accepted I would be locked into the role as ADC Twitch and unable to switch).
Team 2 needs both a mid and an ADC. The system then randomly chooses if it will show me as mid or ADC. It selects mid and the host gets to reject or accept an Ahri mid, without having any idea that I also queued up as ADC Twitch. The host accepts the Ahri. From that point on you will be Ahri mid and won't in any way be able to change to ADC Twitch. Your role is selected and locked.

The pros of this system is that it will reduce queue times and allow people who like playing more than one role a way to always have short queue times while also giving them variation in the roles they play, while also decreasing queue times on the system in general and still allowing people to just select the one role and one champion they want to play.

I also considered here having the system then being able to change your position within a team judging from what is needed, however this would be counterproductive for the host if they are aiming for a certain teamcomp and you automatically change champions because of the current lack of supports in the queue. Thus I think that would not be a good addition. However I believe there are ways to adapt it to make it functional, such as being able to ask the host to switch role and champion (in-game request, not a chat request), or having the system automatically ask the host to Both have you switch roles And get a new player for your previous role. But as I said this would definitely require some careful consideration to adapt in an optimal way into the system.

On a future note, I'd also love to be able to select multiple champions and have the system randomly pick on of those for me. I love playing most marksmen and often have trouble picking one. Being able to select multiple would be a fun addition! (But also low priority and more of a distant-future addition imo). The multiple role function is something I'd appreciate to see considerably more though!

Fikule

10-16-2013

This looks great.

I don't see it being possible to introduce into ranked though.

I mean you just need to set your positions to all be really specific and weird and then have your premade team join and take their real positions. Skype would quite easily let you know when you have found you friend in the queue.

TheFunderstorm

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryslash View Post
Refusing to cooperate with your team has ALWAYS been a bannable offense...
Now thats just not true.

Tigercule

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercule View Post
Will there ever be a system in which I could choose a pool of champions I'm okay with playing, and then decide which of them in the team lobby? For example, if I know I want to play marksman bot, but I'm okay with Ashe/Varus for AoE initiate comps, Ezreal for poke comps, or Graves for AoE burst situations, will it ever be possible for me to express that?

I'd imagine it would make finding a queue a lot easier on players willing to be flexible (or make choosing a champion easier on people who just don't have a specific set champion in mind).
Bumping for visibility.