LeaverBuster Innovations: Automated Leaver Banning

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

12-14-2010

On the right track. Thank you.

Saldaris

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLTanks View Post
This is stupid. Just plain STUPID. You are going into this HALF-ASS. The only way to fix this is to allow a kick vote. If everyone agrees that a person should be kicked, obviously they should be... then ban them for so many hours per offense. If you don't they will be forced to stay and rage/feed/ruin game ever worse. This is more effective than any other method coming from a Day-1 Dota Veteran and WoW player. Also whats to stop them from changing their IP/account to evade ban?

POINTLESS. WORSE. NOT BETTER.
What if 4 people do an arranged game then vote kick the unsuspecting 5th guy? How fair is that?

GuilB8

12-14-2010

traalala

Mudkipz13

12-14-2010

You should implement something that gets another champion in the game, take the medium of gold, say , ashe is level 10, everyone is level 6, and she has had about 5000 gold, everyone else has about 3000, you get a character at level 8 with 4000 gold in the game as whatever champ they want

Saldaris

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histati View Post
I don't really understand how this distinguishes between internet outages and people rage quiting. I guess I would have to experience this in game to understand, but if anyone has the time and understands this system better than I, I would really appreciate a little bit of an explanation
I'm guessing that because they track almost every aspect of a game, you can use some basic valuations on situations for when a player leaves to get an idea of why.

For example, if the person is 1-9-3 and then quits after 15 minutes, you can probably assume (however erringly) that it's a rage quit and assign more points. On the flipside, if the person is 9-1-3 and they leave, it's probably for other reasons.

Another example is ping.. if you're pinging and spiking in the game (they can probably see this from connection logs) and you decon, they can probably assign a lower "rage" value to that as well.

They're smart enough to figure it out. Will it be 100%? No, but it never will be.

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

What happens when your internet usually dcs you everyday at least once? o.O

LoLTanks

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saldaris View Post
What if 4 people do an arranged game then vote kick the unsuspecting 5th guy? How fair is that?
Obviously you cannot read moron. I said if EVERYONE ( that would be all 9 other players including the other team MORON) votes to kick then OBVIOUSLY they earned it. L2READ.

Angry Albino Kid

12-14-2010

Honestly, I understand the reason for this update, but I still can't agree with it. I've played quite a few games recently, and quit a few of them I've gotten angered to the point of quitting. Due to releases such as this, however, I end up not quitting. And is the game saved? No. My team loses as expected and I become even angrier over the wasted time.

League of Legends no longer excites me as it used to, but rather frustrates me. Quite a few games lately have contained completely new players within the 20+ range, which leaves me angry at the matchmaking system. I'd understand if this applied to ranked games, since they are competitive in nature. No reason for this update, since people should just form premades with people they know won't leave.

Auroros Osprey

12-14-2010

im pleased to hear this but it makes me fearful of getting a ban from a legit issue.

totalpwnag3

12-14-2010

Hell yeah >