Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LeaverBuster Innovations: Automated Leaver Banning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gedoumazou

12-14-2010

Very Nice Riot Games... this is good for the rage quiters

darkmaster7

12-14-2010

Quote:
ChadwiK:
Even if you have to leave for "good" reasons, you have to admit, that you ruin the game for other people. It is a sign of the times: people need to value other people's time as well. And if you ruin a 45 minute game for 9 other people, that isn't fair. Good reason or not.

Yes, its a game. No, it's not life-or-death. But it's what we do to have a little fun. Leavers ruin a game for others. Lets think about it from the other nine's view, maybe?

Real life does happen. I have a wife and family. I play my game after the kids go to bed. But, life happens even then. I have 400 wins and ONE leave. My clothes washer sprung a leak and got water all over my floor during a game. I -needed- to go... You're kid is throwing up...you need to go.

I think most would agree that the majority of leavers do not leave for good reasons. It's ok to tighten up the belt a bit.

My 2 cents.

same problem but ithink the majority of leavers leave for good reasons

Arnock

12-14-2010

Yes, stuff happens and sometimes you don't have a choice, but is it really that hard to take the time to stop, look at a schedule, have a clock next to your computer, etc?

As frustrated as I get when someone disconnects or feeds, it makes me even more mad when, even before 25 minutes into a game, someone blurts out, "sorry, I have to <eat dinner, go to work, go to school, be at a meeting, pick up my child>"

It's bad enough when something unexpected occurs, but when you leave relatively early in a game to do something that you already knew you needed to do...

It angers me...

Before you hit that "Join queue" button, take the time to stop and weigh how likely it would be for you to need to stop within the next 45 minutes or so. for those kids who complain that their parents make them get of... perhaps one should ask them if you'll be needed within the next hour or so.

Remember, when you leave a game, you're screwing over the ENTIRE TEAM, and even creating a less enjoyable experience for the enemy as well.

I play to have a challenge, not steamroll a 3 man team because they have a feeder, afker, or ragequitter.

To be honest, I think a better solution would be to allow someone to join games that are already in progress if someone leaves for more than a minute or two. Forewarn them when the queue pops that is already in progress, and give them the average gold and xp earned by their other teammates at that point in the game. Because even if this autoban system reduces the total # of leavers, a leaver still does waste the time of players and ruins the experience of the game that he or she leaves.

[/rant]

V3loc1ty

12-14-2010

Quote:
Feanna:
While this is a much-needed step in the right direction, I feel that it is only treating the symptoms of a greater issue: Matchmaking.

If you get the flu, you can take anti-cough medication, nausea reducing pills, and eat a bowl of warm soup (LeaverBuster system). While that all may help ease the pain of having such a sickness, it will not eliminate the virus itself.

Attacking the root of the problem, the virus (Matchmaking), is the only way to fully remedy the problem at hand. Abandoning the flu metaphor; I myself have around 1700 games played; yet still I am matched with sub-level 30 players, or baby 30's (those with significantly less wins/games played). Typically, their lack of experience (not necessarily skill, though skill does come with practice) is a major annoyance and leads to such things as dying to Golem at level 1, feeding horribly before even the 5 minute mark, not buying wards, etc etc.

While I understand that normal games are meant to be practice for ranked, that fact does not provide apt reasoning for ruining my gameplay. If I choose to play this game in my free time, which I frequently do, I would rather be matched with players of similar experience AS WELL AS caliber of play. I feel that by fixing your normal and/or ranked matching system you will indirectly reduce the number of leavers you see in ALL games.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the wall of text.

TL;DR-> Fix your game before you punish ragers. I promise they will rage less.

The Matchmaking system measures the Elo of players. Summoners have Elo for their normal and ranked games. So its not about you being matched with summoners of equal experience, its about being matched with players of equal Elo, which comes from win/loss ratios. However, the matchmaking system does extend its range of acceptable Elos over time. Thus explaining why you have "baby" 30s and sub-30s.

Another explanation for the sub-30s could be that they are drug into the game by queuing with a level 30

TwerkingForJesus

12-14-2010

oh thank god this is what i wanted for Christmas. this and invader zerg kassadin :P

Buisiness

12-14-2010

Quote:
Tommy9834:
I'm sure a banned player can take legal action for discrimination, assuming he spent real money on this game.

its Riots game. there is no law for denying you service. Ever go to a diner or something and see the sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service for any reason"

same thing

jackncokez

12-14-2010

Thank you riot! good job now maybe this will start thinning out those who ruin games due to nerd raging

DraconianJustice

12-14-2010

Awesome! Very glad...thank you Riot. Hopefully gametime will be even MORE fun now

Andythemad

12-14-2010

Well, I certainly think this is a step in the right direction, but I see one loophole. Wouldn't leavers who leave just to annoy their teamies simply go afk the entire game now to circumvent the system?

greygh05t

12-14-2010

How does it know the difference between habitual leavers and people who get disconnected or have an emergency to go somewhere?