LeaverBuster FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rune998

03-07-2013

While we are on the topic we really need a lobby kick system. When someone says they are going to deliberately troll a game during champion select either a responsible player has to dodge and put himself in a punishment que or we have to accept the toxic players behavior neither of which is fair.

Tbone32

03-15-2013

This game is retarded just like phreak and riot i wish i could make such a retarded game. What are you going to do hopefully permaban me because i never want to be able to play again.

Galgomon2

03-18-2013

I have a question about leave buster? Why are you forcing players to play out a losing scenatio? Sometimes when I calculate the gold difference of my team vs their team, its 3k+ in favor of their team. Then dora the explora goes into our jungle and gets caught 3 times. I dun wanna play that game out plz.

Chaddahoochee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

If someone doesn't even connect to a game the game should be voided and the players should be thrown back into queue... Rather than sit and try to defend a 4v5 game for 20 minutes that is rarely ever won, especially in ranked.

Valdata

03-22-2013

riot, you should find a better way than banning everyone that leaves for any reason, thats not fair, put an "exit game" or something like that, leavebuster sucks, i cant even explain why i had leave the game, i wanna play lol, damn...

I 0WN YOU N00B

Recruiter

03-23-2013

ok so my computer sucks and i got a bsod... then the files go corrupt and i had to repair. i was in duo with a friend and on skype while the repair was taking place. right when it finished repairing.. i go to log and and right before i do my team WINS. THEY WIN. then it says i am banned for leaving. ONE GAME GOT ME BANNED AND THEY STILL WON. i was in promotion series so its not like i was trolling... riot should have perfected their leavebuster system before they released. it can do harm to people, like me.

I 0WN YOU N00B

Recruiter

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zileas View Post
on december 14th, we launched our automated leaver banning system. The purpose of this system is to disuade players from leaving games. We do this first by giving a warning, and then banning in larger and larger increments when players leave games.

This system works a lot like a driver's license points system. Every time you leave, we consider you to be a bit more of a leaver. Eventually, we punish you. Conversely, not leaving a game for a long time, and just not leaving in general, both make us consider you in better standing.

q: i just got disconnected from two games! Am i going to get banned?
a: probably not. The system will nail you only for a pattern of doing this. Two leaves may be sufficient to give you an automated warning, but it is not likely to ban you in most situations.

*updated april 11th, 2011.
1st question is true!!!!! You get banned the first time your computer crashes!!!! Even if your team still wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

What about Dominion?

Lord Fuhnee

03-24-2013

What if you have something important to do? I had to leave for something I couldn't ignore and now I'm banned for a week.

Lord Fuhnee

03-24-2013

My computer restarted for a Windows Update in the middle of a game and then I got banned for 7 days.